stonegrove ace

summertoots

Visit site
Does anyone here have a horse by him? looking at one at the mo and just trying to get an idea of the kind of temprement his offspring tend to have. Horse is very nice but very unfit so want to know if it could turn into a monster when I get it fit. Any info would be fantastic x
smile.gif

kerilli

Visit site
yes, i've got a 4 yr old by him who i bought as a yearling.
i asked about him in Breeding ages ago, you might be able to find the post. i was told he throws chunky-ish chestnut geldings or elegant bay mares, that was spot on in my girl's case!
she's quite a nervy sort, when i got her it was like having a deer around the place for a good while, but that might well be how she was/n't handled! was panicky about being on her own but has grown out of that really well. very good temperament, has never kicked, even when a bit panicky. she's a real sweetheart. moves beautifully, esp in trot, real natural spring and looks like a real athlete. has only jumped twice on the lunge over 2' high and hasn't got the best natural technique in the world so far, but it's very early days! not the boldest but a quick learner and v willing to please.
hope that helps a bit!

Caledonia

Visit site
They rarely train on into anything. He throws beautiful stock who move and operate but don't have the temperament to do much other than look beautiful. There are obviously the odd exceptions, but that is what they are. He had loads of winning youngstock showing, but they mostly didn't progress.
David Gatherer took Aerodynamic to 3*, but that, AFAIK, is one of the few.

scotlass

Visit site
Sorry, don't know any progeny off him, but, when he was much younger, I accompanied a friend who was keen to put her mare to one of the other stallions at the same stud. The stud owner insisted on showing us her then new pride and joy, so on went the white saddle cloth and white bandages, and she legged up this rather tall guy on to him. She was so busy telling us how wonderful he was going to be that she didn't notice that he was humping like a camel in the middle of the school. He suddenly took off - literally rodeoing - dumping the rider in the process, who didn't stand a chance. Cue much pandemonium trying to re-capture him. We laughed all the way home, but my friend's mare had the last laugh - she refused to come into season!

summertoots

Visit site
Mmm all very intresting....she had great paces, I could feel that even though she was unfit...but gut feeling is making ask questions x

JSC1964

New User
Visit site
Hi, I'm a new user,I hope you check this as it's quite an old posting. I noticed most of your replies were negative. I have had an Ace for 10 years. He is superb temperament and a best-friend nature, well built, plenty bone, traditional type wb (has only just had first ever lameness at age 19 - so he must have been one of the first) and has such an expressive trot that he made int. dressage in his younger days. I am so impressed that I have just bred another to replace him who is shaping up nicely despite having a rather plain mother and has the same great character but best-friend nature. I'm sure he'll be no problem either. I lost last year's Ace foal but probably more to do with mare than Ace. Ace is getting on in years but still a handsome boy - I'd do it now before it's too late.