Stop the world I wanna get off

windand rain

Visit site
Tired, fed up and totally not me at the minute
Should be really happy, young pony is doing really well jumped a 95cm jump in a 70cm course today as a joker, Happy healthy ponies and riders
Seems to be a struggle all the time and dont seem to be getting much pleasure from it
I will bet it is because it is January and I am getting old, 60 tomorrow and every birthday seems worse than the last one
Normally a glass half full person so really struggling with feeling so blooming bad and lonely.
Even the good to be alive day today with bright sunshine and blue skies didnt really pick me up, it usually does
Never mind just a pointless post really

GlitterPup

Visit site
Tired, fed up and totally not me at the minute
Should be really happy, young pony is doing really well jumped a 95cm jump in a 70cm course today as a joker, Happy healthy ponies and riders
Seems to be a struggle all the time and dont seem to be getting much pleasure from it
I will bet it is because it is January and I am getting old, 60 tomorrow and every birthday seems worse than the last one
Normally a glass half full person so really struggling with feeling so blooming bad and lonely.
Even the good to be alive day today with bright sunshine and blue skies didnt really pick me up, it usually does
Never mind just a pointless post really

Happy birthday for tomorrow!!! :)
Winter blues? Don't worry, myself and most of the other HHO'ers have felt pretty down in the dumps recently because of the cold, wet and windy!
Hopefully you feel better tomorrow!!

babymare

Visit site
Well happy birthday for tomorrow and a hug. I think we all have these down moments espicially with the winter months. Dont behard on self please. Try and get some "me" time. x x

Piccy

Visit site
Not a pointless post at all; im sure most have times like these.
I know i for one have been feeling like this for a few days.
Dont focus on it if you can do something just for you; do it, nights are getting lighter better weather is not.so far away really and that generally helps..
Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Adopter

Visit site
Happy birthday tomorrow from one who past 60 some time ago. There is lots to look forward to, although when I was sixty I did not think so!

I am really enjoying my ponies at present, but I think it is partly because I changed routines of a life time, and have made everything much easier to do and look after.

ozpoz

Visit site
Good wishes for tomorrow!
You might have a low grade infection /viral thingy brewing, which is making you feel tired and down. Usually I notice this once it is all over and I suddenly feel better!
Go and do some nice things, hot bath,big fire, indulgent treat, for example.
Feel better soon! : )

Tobiano

Visit site
Happy Birthday Wind and Rain - sorry you are feeling down. Hope you get some fun pressies to cheer you up tomorrow. You are allowed to feel down so no need to make yourself feel extra bad by thinking you 'should' be happy because the weather is nice for once! Talk to yourself like you would to your very best friend ... give yourself some compassion and lap it up from here too :)

oldie48

Visit site
Happy Birthday for tomorrow, open a bottle of something nice and have a lovely time. I was 65 last year and every day I get to be around my horses is a bonus as I didn't start riding until I was nearly 50.(I've been a late starter all my life). We are, with a bit of luck, going to live much longer than we used to so I'm determined to live for as long as I can rather than just exist. Yes I sometimes get a bit tired but it's better than being bored (or dead). My mother in law is 95 and still really enjoys life, so we've both got a long way to go before we get to that point. Age is just a number!

Tess Love

Visit site
Happy birthday for tomorrow. It's just a number and means absolutely nothing if you're reasonably healthy. Warmer weather is around the corner and if you've got a pony of your own you're so lucky compared to so many who simply work, eat and sleep just to exist! Put some comedy on have a good giggle and give yourself a few naughty treats x

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Happy Birthday for tomorrow m'duck! Have a hug and a glass of something suitable :)

There'll be days where it's all pants and days where it's all wonderful, very often without any rhyme or reason to it.

Greylegs

Visit site
Hey … Happy Birthday fellow Capricorn. Just thought I'd log on in a slight alcoholic haze because I turned 60 TODAY!!!! To re-assure you, I can confirm that it's been quite painless, the cards, chocolates, flowers, pressies and wine have eased the pain, I'm still alive, people still love me, I haven't gone senile, my pony is still the tops and I can still ride him, I can still fit into my jods, skinny jeans and high heels, I haven't suddenly turned into a wrinkled old hag, I'm still capable of rational thought, my memory, eyesight (and the rest of my faculties!) are still fully functional, my OH still fancies me, I haven't been drummed out of FB for being too past it, people half my age still talk to me as normal, I still feel the same as I did yesterday (… actually, I feel better in an odd sort of way…).

In short, I'm fine!! …. and you will be too. This isn't the end of the world, it's the start of a whole new adventure. A watershed moment in your life ….Tomorrow, the sun will shine and you will feel empowered, confident, strong and terrific. ENJOY!! and have a Very Happy Birthday….! <<<<hugs>>>> from one golden oldy to another...

LeneHorse

Visit site
Hey &#8230; Happy Birthday fellow Capricorn. Just thought I'd log on in a slight alcoholic haze because I turned 60 TODAY!!!! To re-assure you, I can confirm that it's been quite painless, the cards, chocolates, flowers, pressies and wine have eased the pain, I'm still alive, people still love me, I haven't gone senile, my pony is still the tops and I can still ride him, I can still fit into my jods, skinny jeans and high heels, I haven't suddenly turned into a wrinkled old hag, I'm still capable of rational thought, my memory, eyesight (and the rest of my faculties!) are still fully functional, my OH still fancies me, I haven't been drummed out of FB for being too past it, people half my age still talk to me as normal, I still feel the same as I did yesterday (&#8230; actually, I feel better in an odd sort of way&#8230;).

In short, I'm fine!! &#8230;. and you will be too. This isn't the end of the world, it's the start of a whole new adventure. A watershed moment in your life &#8230;.Tomorrow, the sun will shine and you will feel empowered, confident, strong and terrific. ENJOY!! and have a Very Happy Birthday&#8230;.! <<<<hugs>>>> from one golden oldy to another...

Greylegs - what an inspiring post :) Hope it made Wind and Rain feel better and enjoy her birthday.
As another one who is getting on a bit though not quite 60 yet I can sympathise with Wind and Rain as I'm feeling the same way at the moment. Hopefully it will pass and we will go into the spring feeling more optimistic. We are lucky to have our ponies - a friend lost her girl yesterday and it's brought home to me how valuable our time with them is - you never know the moment.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Happy Birthday to Greylegs too. Sounds like you're having a lovely day. I hope that Wind and Rain is too.

I think its just January. Its dull. Its dark. Its damp. Roll on summer!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
(((((((((((((( HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! )))))))))))))))))

I was going to put on a post in Club House about the dreadful week we are having, and I'm sitting here now thinking it's not just me. I do hope you feel better soon, and yes, I am so glad I have my lad - he is keeping me going, as always.

So sorry to hear about your friend's horse. x

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Ah there, petal, you'll be alright. It's January, it's dark, dank and depressin' but it'll get better! As someone staring down the dark throat of 60 myself (not there yet, but feel it!) I can empathise. Summer is a comin' in (that's a medieval song, BTW) and everything will be fine. Happy birthday.

Abacus

Visit site
I saw your post yesterday and felt so sorry. Happy birthday! From today, you are over the hurdle of turning 60, and I hope it feels just the same as 59.

Some positive stuff:
It wasn't dark here today until 5.30
We gain an extra 7 mins daylight per week
In 7 weeks, the grass will be growing
In 3 weeks, summer coats will be growing through

xxx

windand rain

Visit site
Thanks you everyone you have all made me feel much better. I have had a very sad and bad week running up to a milestone birthday that should have been great fun
Today has been wonderful my loving family have given me some treasured photos put onto canvas and they look beautiful and I have been stuffed with good food and good company the house is full of flowers and the whole day has been sunny and bright. The sadness will fade it was just bad timing
I agree greylegs life begins at 60 and a very happy birthday to you too I hope we can all have a great summer and the warm sun is soon making us all shed our coats. Thanks again everyone you really are an inspiration

MochaDun

Visit site
Happy Birthday, glad you've had a good day :) I think the first week or so of January is always so tough (friend and I have been emailing back and forth all week about what an uphill struggle this week has seemed!). I felt very fed up this morning and very out of sorts with the world with so many things I can't get back on an even keel at the moment but did what I had to do (work), then treated myself to a ride in the late afternoon sun and spirits were lifted. Hang in there, it feels like Spring is just around the corner :)

teabiscuit

Visit site
Happy birthday, try vitamin D, I find it helps me cope better with the dark winter days.
If it doesn't work for you it doesn't cost much to try, honestly I find it takes the edge off those winter blues.

jenn44uk

Visit site
Happy birthday! We all have moments where things just don't seen right and we don't feel ourselves. Winter does that, I think. I also take vitamin D to try and help, (first time this year) and think it's helped a bit. :)