Stopping crud going down hoof boots?

soloequestrian

Visit site
Any neat suggestions? I have Cavallo Sport boots. One horse wears them with the pastern wraps - they don't fill in all the gaps at the top so we come home with loads of pine needles: one day one of them is going to stab him! The other horse usually starts in the school then goes out, so gets sand and carpet down them. I have had stones go in the top with past boots too. I need some sort of 'spats' idea - maybe just some cut off socks, but wondered if anyone has come up with anything better than that?

soloequestrian

Visit site
I've found that normal over reach boots don't fit over hoof boots - they don't flare out enough so they get pushed up by the hoof boot rather than covering it neatly.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
No suggestions, I’m afraid, but I hand walk my arthritic IDx for 10 mins on my sand and rubber arena to loosen her up before going out for a hack, and I have to remove chunks of rubber from her Scoot boots before we set off for the hack.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I've found that normal over reach boots don't fit over hoof boots - they don't flare out enough so they get pushed up by the hoof boot rather than covering it neatly.
What about some neoprene ones like Horze do? They’re abit more cone shaped? I’d say something like Tubey grip or socks but I think it would probably ride up.