Stradivarius Is On Song!

Visit site
What a horse he is! The Stayers £1 Million Bonus last year - on target again this year after winning his 2nd Ascot Gold Cup! He got stuck in a pocket when he was just about to make his move but as soon as he was - the race was put to bed! Could he do it again next year? I hope we get to find out!

You also have to Mention Frankie Dettori! 2 wins yesterday and 4 at last count today! He might be old enough to be most of his weighing room counterparts father but he is certainly showing them how its still done on big days!

Last edited:
Visit site
Frankie has been winning again as has Ryan Moore and Aiden O'Brien!

We have had the first female winner for 32 years but Hayley Turner felt the need to beat the crap out of the horse to ger there. 9 days and £1600 fine for using her whip above the permitted level in the final 1 1/2furlongs. She must have gone a fair few over!

I am all for whips in races as a safety feature - keep a horse straight, keep it going forwards into a jump etc. But jockey's need stiffer, proper penalties for breaking the rules! They should be made to forfeit all prize money won in that race! Its not the horses, owners or trainers fault so they should not be punished. But if you take away the jockeys share of the prize money and put it into the Injured Jockeys Fund it might make them think twice!

Clodagh

Visit site
I am all for whips in races as a safety feature - keep a horse straight, keep it going forwards into a jump etc. But jockey's need stiffer, proper penalties for breaking the rules! They should be made to forfeit all prize money won in that race! Its not the horses, owners or trainers fault so they should not be punished. But if you take away the jockeys share of the prize money and put it into the Injured Jockeys Fund it might make them think twice!

That is a good suggestion. If you watch Frankie Dettori he hardly uses the whip at all, I know he is on very good horses but he is so strong, I love watching him ride. His son will be up and out there soon, too!

blodwyn1

Visit site
Frankie celebrated a stride early and stradivarius slammed the brakes on! John gosden said he was lucky not to go over the handlebars!

tristar

Visit site
sea the stars on top again, the italian riders are very good, jockeys, showjumpers etc

135,000 this year, what will he be next year?

frankie had to make a funny move again on strad but succeeded where others might have codged it up

Clodagh

Visit site
Battaash was amazing, he made the others look second rate. I thought sprinters were big musclebound creatures but he is a little pony. Can't he fly!
Stradivarius was great. I wonder if he really will go to the Arc 2020?

Visit site
The Arc isn't long enough for Stradivarius it's only 1m4f - he would be totally outpaced and would only just be starting to run his race as they are pulling up. He is a very good stayer but it's like comparing a Grand National horse to a Gold Cup horse - bith equally good in their own right but neither suited to the other race.

tristar

Visit site
how lovely to be the breeder owner of a horse like him, and to see the owner choked with emotion, well i think it was for the horse but could have been the money, probably both, who would not be stunned

bonny

Visit site
First Enable and now Stradivarius! Both beaten into 2nd on unsuitably soft ground.

He ran well in defeat though to AOB's Kew Gardens.
Brave decision with both of them to let them run but with hindsight it’s a shame they have both lost their unbeaten run. Still brilliant horses though and hopefully they will both go through next season unbeaten again.

Visit site
Boom! Stradivarius strikes again! 4 Goodwood Cups!

He will now be prepped for the Arc. I think Frankie will still choose Enable. Stradivarius is very, very good but he needs more than a Mile and a Half to be at his best. He is only just getting going when the Arc would be over.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i thought for a couple of seconds he wasnt going to get out but a small gap opened and whoosh, he was through, he seemed to win very easily and didnt look like he was making a huge effort, very impressive

Visit site
Some horses like soft ground, others dont. Same as some humans prefer to run on grass and others on roads.

The softer the ground the more stamina sapping it is, it's harder to gallop through. Unlike firm ground which is like running on a brick road. Think of it like you are going running on the beach - you run on wet sand it's firmer and easier to run on than the loose dry sand. The softer the surface the harder it is to get through thus tires you out quicker.

You can't jump on firm ground, it's too jarring. The quickest you can jump on is Good to Firm.