Strange lameness?!

hihosilver

Visit site
my pony went on a hack and she went very lame. On getting home a lot of heat in the front of foot. Vet came took of shoe but nothing to be found. I have been poulticing but nothing!! The vet wasn't convinced it was an abscess, Its strange as sound on hard ground but very sore on the soft ground. I think she is thinking of a tendon in the foot. For now he's just on box rest and will reassess next week Any ideas? No heat anywhere.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Bruise. Sound on hard ground because nothing is pressing on it. Lame on soft because its packing up inside the hoof. If it is, it will disappear in a few days and you'll never know why she was lame unless your farrier finds a mark on the sole.

It would be pretty unlikely to be a tendon inside the foot, they usually degrade slowly over time, not go with a bang like that. And hard/soft ground shouldn't make such a huge difference.

Hopefully she just trod on a stone.

hihosilver

Visit site
Bruise. Sound on hard ground because nothing is pressing on it. Lame on soft because its packing up inside the hoof. If it is, it will disappear in a few days and you'll never know why she was lame unless your farrier finds a mark on the sole.

It would be pretty unlikely to be a tendon inside the foot, they usually degrade slowly over time, not go with a bang like that. And hard/soft ground shouldn't make such a huge diff

Thanks trotted up sound on soft and hard tonight so fingers crossed it is that x