Strange lump

Brummyrat

Visit site
Hi all, long time no see!

Ive not posted in ages and am now doing so on behalf of a fellow livery who doesn't yet have a HHO account. I've told her that you're a well informed bunch and I'm sure you can shed some light. She has two horses, TB types, who have lived out for years and do very well on this. The gelding is 20 I believe and she has always been careful re hard ground and he doesn't razz around in the field, however about 10 weeks ago, before she moved to my yard, a stallion got into their field and a drama ensued. No harm was done and this may or may not be relevant but last week a lump appeared on his fetlock joint. She has advised the vet who has looked at the photos and said just give bute for a week and it will probably disappear but she'd like a bit more input than that. Its hard and bony and it hasn't changed in a week. Horse is fine, no heat in it and isn't lame at all. Has anyone see anything like this before? I have but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. TIA

Attachments

• W 22.06.jpg
    W 22.06.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 22
  • W1 22.06.jpg
    W1 22.06.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 22
  • W2 22.06.jpg
    W2 22.06.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 22

Brummyrat

Visit site
Thank you for your reply, that's interesting, Ive not heard of that - will forward to my friend to have a read.