Strange things you like the smell of...

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
Just been out to check my sheep as I heard some noise from the garden. While I was there I sat in their shed and the little one came over for a cuddle. Came in after a couple of minutes (it was blooming cold!!), rubbed my nose and inhaled as I could smell the lanolin on them. I blooming love it, think it smells lovely but I know most (normal) people run a mile at the smell!
So it got me thinking what strange, horsey or non horsey, smells do you just love?

ausipaliboi

Visit site
When my daughter was first born up until she was a few months old I couldn't stop smelling her, it was like a drug and I could never get enough. My husband asked me one day why I kept sniffing her asking if she had a dirty nappy and when I said I was addicted to her smell (for lack of a better descriptive word) he told me I was nuts!!!

Horsey - I actually can't stand the smell of a wet horse either from rain or having a bath. Friends of mine say they love the smell but it makes me want to throw up!!

Janah

Visit site
My dogs feet!! new born puppies, they smell just like human babies. Effax Leather Balsam stinks but in a sort of nice way. Cow and horse poo. My pony's breath. Horse hoof, especially hot shoeing.

Vindaloo

Visit site
I used to love the smell of creosote (think it's banned now), also love the smell of petrol and especially petrol mowers (old ones in the shed), freshly cut grass and some print smells nice when it's still warm (on paper). Oh and the smell your skin gives off when it's tanned!

NeilM

Visit site
Hot tarmac and hot roofing tar.

Also the strange combination of leather and petrol, usually smelt in old cars, and in my case, in my grandfathers Morris Traveller.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
is it weird that i really like the smell of the leather strap on my watch - been wearing it for a year and for some reason i adore the smell of it now.

However i do have a very weak sense of smell and somethings i just cant smell at all (like stinky fish, ammonia etc) - I am not allowed to handle the concentrated acids and alkalis at work because i would know if i was gassing myself with the fumes!! :eek::D

Winklepoker

Visit site
I LOVE the smell of wet horse! It makes me think of hard work and a good schooling session. Boiled barley, my pot of earl grey that is on my desk and cakes baking :D

becca1305

Visit site
The horses :) but particularly my mare they all seem to have a slightly different smell. Puppies! Particularly my GSD hadnt noticed it so much with the labbies. Hot shoeing. The smell when the log fires just started in the wood burner. Amerigo leather balm smells amazing (& does a great job). Weirder ones - the inside of a newish motorbike helmet (they do seem to hold their 'smell' for ages) as I think it reminds me of the first time I got on the back (of my ex's bike) & Ive never stopped since! The smell of the motorbike after coming home and stopping after a good long blast! Thats all I can think of!

ISHmad

Visit site
Hoof oil, fresh linen, cotton fresh deodorant, tack rooms, the air after it has rained on a hot day, haylage, steamed hay.

cob&onion

Visit site
I love the smell of new clothes, magazines/catalogs when they have just been opened, mowed grass, tack shops, my horses, sweet hay, sugar-beet, when it rains and petrol at a distance :)

Libbyn1982

Visit site
I am forever sniffing my clothes when the've just been washed to the point where people think i'm a bit mental, and Horse of course. And the indoor school.

Bigginge

Visit site
Kittens! I still love sniffing my cats heads but they're not as nice as when they were babies...also love horsehage, cows and cow muck! Would love to smell again that cattle feed that had the sweets in it (do they still do it?!), I used to love that.

bumblelion

Visit site
I love the smell of tanned skin too dougalsmum! Thought I was mad! Also the smell on skin when been swimming in pool! Hoof oil, stockholm tar, stud muffins and lucie mints! Baby talc too! Body shop strawberry body butter (norm not a fan of strawberry stuff, but this is lovely!!). Bread baking!

BeanyG

Visit site
Ausipaliboi no you weren't mad, my baby is 5 weeks now any I keep smelling her alll the time, I do it without even realising. OH hasn't noticed as of yet or of he has he's just letting me go nuts quietly
N&F