Strange Things Your Horse Eats

Cobland

Visit site
My 4 year old gypsy cob is more like a pig! I dropped a jellybean in her stable one day when cleaning out and she quickly gobbled it up!

My hubby gave her a bit of a ham sandwich and she ate that too, then started looking for more!!

What strange things have your horses ate?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
The old girls loves: cheese and onion crisps, ginger beer, cherry coke and half coated digestive biscuits. She will steal any picnic eaten near her! Also I had to fight the younger appy off my bacon buttie at the the last show we went to.

buzzles

Visit site
My sisters pony eats everything you give her- all flavours of crisps and biscuits, cheese sandwiches, chocolate, all fruit (pears, oranges, pineapples, melon etc), all vegtables, any fizzy drinks and also tea and juices, all sweets. The worst thing she's eaten is a whole onion- her breath stank for ages!!! Probably doesn't help that my sister offers her all these things but the pony never refuses anything edible and just eats whatevers put in front of her!!! The other horses will first have a sniff and maybe a little nibble at something new but she just chomps it straight down and never spits it out!!

Chex

Visit site
Chex will eat anything and everything - apart from oranges. His favourite is those chips you get from the burger van at shows, he loves them! I was at a show last year, and when I was talking to my mum he grabbed my beefburger, then went for her chips before trying to get my can of coke too
mad.gif
. He loves pot noodles, sausage rolls (left too close to his stable at a yard party lol), mashed potato etc. He's a piggy!

hussar

Visit site
My old Arab loves Kitkats and if I'm not quick enough at unwrapping them will snatch them complete with silver paper.

Young Arab much prefers Eat Natural almond and raisin bars coated with yoghurt ...

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Section A eats anything put in front of her. Extra Strong Mints make her eyes water!

We had a Section B who was very fond of a bacon roll in the mornings with a pint of tea - he didn't mind coffee but preferred tea. Felt rather sorry for the builders who discovered this though and kept losing their breakfast.

Small Section D is frightened of chocolate.

Big Section D is somewhat fussy but is especially fond of Gingernuts and those ginger biscuits sandwiched together with cream filling.

kirstyfk

Visit site
My old horse loved mint penguins. He wold get them as a treat if he had done well at an event. When he was PTS it took my mum about 6 months to be ables to go down the biscuit aisle in ASDA as she would burst into tears everytime she saw them
frown.gif

Law

Visit site
Q/R
bananas and oranges are about the strangest thing mine eats. He think he likes biscuits but when he gets one he's not so keen and spits it everywhere!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
my horse fav food is cheesy wotsits! I was eating a pack the other day and you could tell he was saying 12 for me on for you mum! He also loves jam butties! (found that out giving him bute)

Tempi

Visit site
Blossy loves most things im eating:
ryvita and honey being her fav
oranges
bananas
pears
bread (altho she dosent really get this)
crisps (any type/flavour)

Archie hates everything apart from carrots and his dinner!! He dosent even like apples/sugar lumps or polos
frown.gif

evsj

Visit site
New YO gives mine the choice of a peanut butter or marmite sandwich every night when she does her late night checks. I don't think I would want her to have a bacon sandwich though - aside from the obvious, I wouldn't want her getting a taste for meat!
blush.gif

druid

Visit site
Toasted crumpets with jam...she's nicked many of them when I'm attempting to do rug changes and have breakfast at the same time!

GTs

Visit site
Well with all the US dog food being recalled, i am buying that to feed to my horses - it kills dogs no one said it kills horses.

harrihjc

Visit site
i had a pony that loved hot dogs, ice cream and fizzy drinks!
Flash eats anything and everything, you have to watch him all the time! He literally ate half a lickit when I left him along with it for 5 minutes and is absolutely crazy about garlic!