Strangest non-riding injury

Mrs G

Visit site
Grooming injury. I was applying a barrier cream to my boys nether regions to stop flies biting him there. I was so busy watching his back legs to make sure he didn’t kick out at me that I didn’t notice him turn his head right round and sink his teeth into my bum cheek. I’d only had him for 4 months and I guess he felt I was taking liberties!

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 28

Snowfilly

Visit site
I caught in the field, saddled, lunged and put into his box a very bouncy not quite broken 4 year old. I stepped down from his box, which had about a 1’ height difference from the ground, looked back over my shoulder at him, mis-stepped and broke my ankle on landing!

Never fell, never tripped, just threw my weight down funny over the drop and that was it, the bone just above the joint went bang.

I also punched myself in the nose doing up a girth, bled over my girth straps.

abbijay

Visit site
Partial subluxation of the sternoclavicular joint (Pulled my collarbone out of its socket). I was leading 18.1 pure bred clydesdale and he panicked, ran into/over me, i was stopped by a water trough. He galloped off but I didn't let go of the lead rope. Hurt like [insert very rude word]. Didn't see a doctor for 3 weeks because... I'm a horse girl and it wasn't actually hanging off. The following night I had an XC lesson on the same horse. Still suffer with shoulder problems about 7 years later.

Visit site
Stabbed myself in the joint clipping. Right into the joint, probably should have gone to hosp to get it flushed but meh! I was too busy! Carried on clipping and legitimately got to flip people off the next day as I wanted to keep it straight for 24 hours to help the skin knit back together and do I wouldn't spurt Monty Python stye when I bent it 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205-155613_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205-155613_Gallery.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Orangehorse

Visit site
I caught in the field, saddled, lunged and put into his box a very bouncy not quite broken 4 year old. I stepped down from his box, which had about a 1’ height difference from the ground, looked back over my shoulder at him, mis-stepped and broke my ankle on landing!

Never fell, never tripped, just threw my weight down funny over the drop and that was it, the bone just above the joint went bang.

I also punched myself in the nose doing up a girth, bled over my girth straps.

Yes, I have done the girth straps thing, punching myself in the face!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Grooming injury. I was applying a barrier cream to my boys nether regions to stop flies biting him there. I was so busy watching his back legs to make sure he didn’t kick out at me that I didn’t notice him turn his head right round and sink his teeth into my bum cheek. I’d only had him for 4 months and I guess he felt I was taking liberties!
Bet you didn't sit down comfortably for a good while.

scats

Visit site
A child walked her pony straight across sheet ice and it went down like a sack of spuds and was panicking trying to get u9 and sliding everywhere. A few of us rushed over to tip wheelbarrows of bedding around it so it could a grip and I promptly joined pony on the ground.
Broke my wrist in two places 🤣

lynz88

Visit site
My god some of these!!! My OH doesn't understand the horse person mentality but I have read him some of these and think he's realizing we are all a bunch of un-normal people filled with un-normal injuries....!!! 🤣 (just today he was bugging me about me moving my bedroom furniture out to have new carpet laid and then moving everything back again citing "you're a walking talking Bible of injuries
... please let me help before something goes horribly wrong!")

2 years ago I was poulticing horse's hind. He has bad arthritis and we also think he sometimes gets or feels wobbly from an EPM attack years and years ago. He wanted to put foot down but I wouldn't let him. He panicked and slammed his foot down to really make a point right on top of my toes. To say they were black and blue and VERY painful and swollen would be an understatement. Thought broken as I've broken toes before so am very familiar with the pain but the next day felt better so figure very solid bone bruises at minimum 🤣😂😂 I couldn't walk properly for a little 2 months

Last edited:

Cloball

Visit site
Slipped up the ramp to the muck heap and broke a rib whilst emptying the contents of my wheel barrow onto my head.

Got bitten on the back of the thigh by a foal leaving a lovely bite mark I had to explain to a gynaecologist.

Got my hand trapped between a gate and a 2yo and the whole thing swelled up and turned blue didn't bother with the docs 😜

humblepie

Visit site
I think there are a lot of us who shouldn’t be let out on our own. I’ve got a bad knee still from tripping over a jump wing back in August. I don’t even jump but I was clearing an area of the arena. And I tripped over the edge of a rubber mat whilst carrying some eggs. Went flying but saved the eggs.