*STRANGLES UPDATE, YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS*

dbard

Visit site
fOLLOW UP ON MY POST YESTERDAY

This morning i done my horses as normal before work.
At around 12 i recived a phone call saying my mare had jumped out got into a field near other horses of course i rushed straight down there to find she had jumped 2 5 bar gates to get with her friend (obviously feeling better) the YO was hysterical.
She went mad at me and said if she wasnt YO she would have smacked me in the Face!!!!!!!

I put her back in her pen and again she jumped out!!!
the YO wanted to chain her to a bit of metal but i would not let her do this causing further argument as any horse owner would. i tied her up in her pen with hay and water at reach of course.

2 hours later i recive a phone call from YO threatening that if my horses wernt off the yard by tomorrow at 6 they would be shot!!!!!

Luckily i have found 3 acres of land and will spend tomorrow clearing it. I am abousolutly discussed upset and unbeleivable stressed you cannot believe the hell i have been through at this yard and only been there a month!!! <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Is your YO mentally unstable? She sounds it. I would have tied HER to a bit of metal.

Good luck with your new place, sounds like you were just in the nick of time.

Racing_Gal

Visit site
OMG!!! I'm glad you've found somewhere to move them at such sort notice. I wouldn't of been able to hold my temper if someone had said that about my horses!! What a
b!tch...should not be running a yard and should be shot herself!! I hope she is ashamed of herself for saying such a thing! Your better off out of there hun and so are your horses! ((hugs)) x

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
shocked.gif

Get out.
As fast as you can.

and good luck xxx

Edited to add - I would be considering taking action if she had threatened me like that. Were there witnesses?

soph21

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
right then.. so why was the horse ot isolated in a stable?
Why are you moving an infected animal...

Lou x

[/ QUOTE ]

Read her post from yesterday, its disgusting what this YO is doing!
She calls herself a YO!
x

I would have given her a good bloody slap!!!!!!
Who the hell does she think she is threatening to shoot your horses!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Im glad you have found grazing at such short notice.
x

lindsayH

Visit site
Unfortunately, I have had too many experiences like this on livery yards. You would hope and expect that those in a position of authority would behave better than that. Anyone who is experienced with horses should understand that they frequently do STUPID, FRUSTRATING things. After a few years I decided to rent a place to myself. Can I offer you some advice? Firstly, the first place I rented was just a field with a shelter by a road. I had everything stolen but the horses. Get to know your local police and watch security. Secondly, if you can bear it, get a sharer. It can be lonely. Thirdly and most importantly, get together with a like-minded horsey friend or two and rent something BETTER between you! Me, and my horses are 100% happier since going it alone. If you're patient and proactive, the perfect place always comes up. Don't let mean, smallminded people get you down!

frannieuk

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Im with the YO.. a horse with strangles should be isolated and definatly not moved!

Lou x

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto,(although i thought the YO wants the horse moved?) and IMHO it's easier to keep a horse in isolation when it's in.

Racing_Gal

Visit site
I've just read your other post!! Seems like they knew this was coming nad they are making a scape goat out of you. You shouldn't be moving infected animals but if she is threatening to harm them I say get them out of there asap! Sounds like a horrid place! I agree with SF, I would of knocked ten shade out of you know what out of YO by now!! x

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Im with the YO.. a horse with strangles should be isolated and definatly not moved!

Lou x

[/ QUOTE ]

But the YO is telling her she MUST leave? (or she will
'shoot her horses')
Totally irresponsible - don't know how you can take her side.
confused.gif

soph21

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Lou x

[/ QUOTE ]

The yard owner told her she's got to move them, (in previous post)
But Owner didn't think its right to move them with stangles.
Even though the horses caught the strangles at this YO's yard!!

Nailed

Visit site
Ive just read your previous posts... and take back my ast comment completely...

Report her to the police for the threat, report her to the RSPCA or ILPH for gross neglegence.

And report her to trading standards and wipe the floor with the bich!

Lou x

frannieuk

Visit site
I feel sorry for the OP, but still can't see why the horses are being turned out when they are jumping in with others - surely they should be kept in, in isolation. Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick!

LadyRascasse

Visit site
she has to move the horse becasue the yard owner has given her notice, which she can legally do due to it not being a defra reportable disease. in the ideal world yes they should be isolated on the yard for duration but in dbard's case it simple is fesible.

i'm glad you've found some where good luck finding someone to move them. and i hope they get better soon. my mare has very recently been cleared of strangles so i no whta its like

i'm gonna send so (((((((((((((((((good vibes)))))))))))))))) your way as you sound like you could use some

dbard

Visit site
I am planning to do this and somebod advised me to write to local newspaper the essex rider ect ect i will make shore people know what this woman is like

Jemayni

Visit site
What a bizaar situation. Your yard owners actions seem entirely irrational, surely the solution to the problem is just to keep the horse in its stable, this resolves all problems about the horse jumping out and infecting other horses etc.

In terms of moving the horse - moving a very sick horse will not do its condition any good due to the stress of the move. Given your YO seems to have some ounce of decency, in that she didnt beat you up - Id take her threat as idle &amp; padlock your stable door with the horse in it for the next month or so!

shadowboy

Visit site
Whereabouts in essex is this horrible yard? Dont need to say exact village/town just roughly?

Good luck- what an ignorant fool your YO is!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
I'm a little confused. Your first post asks about strangles vaccinations/testing. Am I right in thinking that YO asked you to have your horse tested prior to moving it to the yard?

Did you? what were the results?

If the results were negative, she can't really blame you, and is being hugely unreasonable &amp; abusive. - like someone said, maybe using you as a scapegoat?

If you didn't carry out the testing or didn't wait for the results/hid the results, then it seems like you were probably responsible for bringing strangles onto the yard - despite her precautions.

At the end of the day, rightly or wrongly, people are terrified of strangles and a yard reputation will suffer, not to mention the inconvenience to other owners having their horses exposed or not being able to transport/move!

If that's the case although she does sound a bit psycho, I can understand her anger due to the impact on her business and reputation.

Do not bite my head off, I might have missed this clarification in previous posts - so Just considering both sides at the moment.

dbard

Visit site
Unfortunatly this si not a option for me as have been threatened that my horses will be shot im not willing to put them at risk at all

Booboos

Visit site
Your YO sounds mentally unstable which makes her impossible to deal with. I would take my horses out of there asap, strangles or no strangles and leave her to her weird ideas!