strapping

parsley

Visit site
Does anyone know why you should only strap after exercise (and is it true that this is the only time you should do it?)

Thanks
smile.gif

air78

www.ctwequine.com
Don't have a diffinative answer, but would think it's because the muscles need to be warmed up before you work them. Strapping is work, because you are asking the muscles to repeatedly tense then relax.
smile.gif

kcgibson

Visit site
you can prob strap anytime but as mentioned above, you would need to warm muscles first. ive attended a physiotherpay course thru my work and was advised for a horse you would need to spend around 30 minutes applying effelurage and pettrisage before starting to do any strapping.
hope that helps!!

kcgibson

Visit site
strapping is when you use a strapping pad (look up on google for a pic) to kinda 'slap' the muscle (causes muscle to tense), then use a hand to stroke the area once (allows muscle to relax) before 'slapping' it again. difficult to describe, much easier to show somebody! but that was my best go at it!! wont be offended if anyone else has better explanation skills!!

parsley

Visit site
I am sure that would be very helpful if I had any idea what effelurage and pettrisage were
crazy.gif

I was wondering as he has to have 4 to 5 weeks off without work and I was hoping to be able to strap him to help with his muscle tone.

parsley

Visit site
Thats about it - 5 slaps and stop short of slapping on the 5th - the muscle groups are mid neck at the top, shoulder, rump and thigh

evsj

Visit site
Can you use strapping as exercise? My horse is on walk only exercise at the mo so I only ride her in the menage 3 times per week (too boring too expect her to do any more!) for half an hour. Can I strap her on one of the days off to help build her muscle or does it need to be done everyday?

Anyone know??

maxebraith

Visit site
Ive just googled strapping pad and it came up with a 4 min video on how when and where to strap your horse! quite informative incase anyone wants to know!