Straw pellet bedding

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
didnt like them long term tbh. have you tried auboise? really good for wet horses. I have my mucky youngster on chopped rape straw which works ok (I can't get auboise reliably) as does miscanthus. I found the straw pellets dusty, dirty to look at and not great for their feet.

scramble_cam

Visit site
Hi

Have you tried Miscanthus pellets? - I have been using them for about a year now and find them at least as absorbent as wood pellets, if not more so. Also they much less smelly than shavings. It rots down quickly on the muck heap and makes good compost. They are slightly more expensive than straw pellets though. They are sold by pelletbeds.co.uk .

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Hi

Have you tried Miscanthus pellets? - I have been using them for about a year now and find them at least as absorbent as wood pellets, if not more so. Also they much less smelly than shavings. It rots down quickly on the muck heap and makes good compost. They are slightly more expensive than straw pellets though. They are sold by pelletbeds.co.uk .

didn't find them any better than straw pellets tbh, I do like chopped miscanthus though.