Strengthen Hind End

brbc

Visit site
Hi,

Just after a bit more advise if possible please.

I'm working on strengthening my boys hind end as he is very weak behind I've been working on hill work, raised trot poles, poles on the ground, transitions, more focusing on getting him going forward than concentrating on a "frame" while schooling. I have been lunging him once a week in a pessoa but have looked into the Equimai (if anyone has used this id be grateful for feedback)

Is there anything i'm missing? I don't really want to supplement for muscle but i'm open to suggestions.

My boys a 16.3 irish sports horse and is 7 years old.

Thank you guys, happy Sunday!

Miss Bossy

Visit site
Have you considered going to the water treadmill? I started taking my boy about 6 weeks ago and it has really helped strengthen and build up muscle on his hind. The difference is very noticeable

paddi22

Visit site
I have one and it took about 2 years of correct work up hills to build the muscle. Personally I don't believe supplements do anything to help. Once your feed has the correct amount of protein, then the correct work will build muscle. It does take time though!

brbc

Visit site
Thank you for your replies!

Miss Bossy- I have thought about the water treadmill, how often do you go?

SEL- Thank you for introducing David, his post was very interesting. I may have to invest in a equiami, although it looks very complicated to set up!

Good to know that i am working along the right path though, any other suggestions would be gratefully received.