stressed. 2nd scan today

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
My mare has her second scan today. First one didn't go brilliantly, vet was 98% sure that the blob on the screen was a foal but as it was quite far up she was conserned it might be a follicle. So we booked in a scan for 21 days which brings us up to today.

Have brought her in and she appeares to be in season :( gutted. She got upset when I brought her in as she was the only one in the block but since there's another horse been brought in she winking. Shes quite a scatty mare but since she was covered she has had this calm over her and been quite pleasant to the other mare in the field. Vet due at 10.30 but if she has come into season she not due in till next week. Gutted isn't the word :(

christine48

Visit site
I'm surprised the second scan was booked for 21 days as if she isn't in foal and is in season again you may not have time to cover her on this cycle. Our vet scans at 16 days, if he was unsure he'd scan again at 18 days.
Have you got a good repro vet?
Good luck with the scan today

Spring Feather

Visit site
I also don't understand why the vet would scan at 21 days, however if as you say she looks like she's come back into heat then you may not miss being able to rebreed on this cycle. It's cutting it fine though! Of course nothing is set in stone until the scan has been done. Some mares do show signs of coming into heat, even though they are in fact pregnant.

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
Thanks guys. Feeling even more gutted now. Have bought a in foal mare before and had a cracking foal but this time is the first time I've bred from the start so really trusted my vet to give me the best advice :( they are good repo vets too :(

No news at the mo still waiting for them to arrive :(