Stressful days showing!

LollyDolly

Visit site
I only did an inhand class today but talk about stressful! Only one horse turned up in the class before mine so it was a huge rush to get everything ready, during the fray I managed to completely break my boots. I ripped the zip clean off! :eek:
Cue mental breakdown!

Thankfully my friend lent me her short jodhpur boots, however by the time I got to my class 5 of the 7 competitors had already done their individual trots. But luckily the judge allowed me to enter the class which was kind of him! :D

Although after running all the way from my stable to the class I then had to run round with Sandy, I nearly collapsed! :eek:
Also I had my showing tweed on and a riding hat so I was stifling!
NOT an attractive look!

But still, Sandy was a very good boy and behaved himself (although he did get a tad excited during the group trot!) :D

After all that though I still got to bring home the cutest pony, after all who couldn't love that face!? ;)

Useeee-2.jpg

Although the judge didn't like his colour, d'oh! He said to go for Hunter Pony! :D

Last edited:

ebonyallen

Visit site
And they say its supposed to be fun lol, nothing like a bit of to keep you on your toes :eek: The judge did not like the colour ok :rolleyes: Well I agree with you, you got to bring home the cutest pony, so well done the pair of you :D Her is to your next little outing :cool:

LollyDolly

Visit site
And they say its supposed to be fun lol, nothing like a bit of to keep you on your toes The judge did not like the colour ok Well I agree with you, you got to bring home the cutest pony, so well done the pair of you Her is to your next little outing

I know, totally not fun when everything goes against you!
Haha aww thanks, at least he enjoyed himself! :D

wow hes beautiful ! sounds like a typical day showing for me ! something always goes wrong, or forget to take stuff !

Thanks so much, yeah I don't think that I've ever known showing to go smoothly!

Country.Girl

Visit site
I went to a show earlier this year and entered the tack and turnout- I was busy tacking up when i realised we had forgotten the girth! Wasn't the brightest idea- luckily home was about 10 minutes away so my mum went to go get it in the car... that day was far too stressfull :rolleyes:

Quantock-cob

Visit site
LollyDolly - your horse is stunning!

Know what you mean about showing though - I went to help a friend at her first show and it put me off forever. They changed all the times around so she missed her first class and then was nearly late into the ring for the next class. She did get a first in that class though and so we then had to wait around all day for the championship class. It was only a small local show, so not much going on and very boring. We ate way too many chips to pass the time, and ice cream trying to stay cool. She wasn't placed in last class and then to top off a very long and hot day, pony refused to go in trailer to go home and we ended up with about 10 well meaning "know it all's" (I mean loading experts) telling us what to do. When we finally got home, we unloaded everything as fast as possible and headed to the pub!!

Put me off showing forever!

ameeyal

Visit site
[QUOTE pony refused to go in trailer to go home and we ended up with about 10 well meaning "know it all's" (I mean loading experts) [/QUOTE]
That made me smile.

Glad you survived your stressfull show, i hope it goes better next time.

LollyDolly

Visit site
Know what you mean about showing though - I went to help a friend at her first show and it put me off forever. They changed all the times around so she missed her first class and then was nearly late into the ring for the next class. She did get a first in that class though and so we then had to wait around all day for the championship class. It was only a small local show, so not much going on and very boring. We ate way too many chips to pass the time, and ice cream trying to stay cool. She wasn't placed in last class and then to top off a very long and hot day, pony refused to go in trailer to go home and we ended up with about 10 well meaning "know it all's" (I mean loading experts) telling us what to do. When we finally got home, we unloaded everything as fast as possible and headed to the pub!!

Put me off showing forever!

Aww thanks! :D

Urgh I know, show days can drag! I never do more than one class because it's either too much waiting around or they end up overlapping!
I hate the know it alls, you don't know my horse so please don't tell me how to manage him haha!
At least you got chips and ice cream! :D

Trix98

Visit site
I only ever entered one show... I entered a 4 year old into a 'Youngstock' class because I thought she was 3 :eek: (Not my pony!) Mane like a bogbrush so no plaits, tail resembling a bush and I was wearing borrowed Jacket, Gloves, Boots and Jodphurs!

Still, we won. Although I've felt guilty ever since :eek:
But then I had to hang around until the very end of the day for the championships. Yawn.

Sandy is clearly the best prize though, he's gorgeous :D