Stridefree saddles

Frumpoon

Visit site
Does anybody know what the particular appeal is of these saddles?

Are they really a superior level of comfort and fit?

What is special/different about the design?

Bernster

Visit site
Pretty pricey. Last yard I was on (dressage focussed), they loved them. Think they are a wider tree and more off the shoulder for freer movement so may be well suited to big moving dressage shoulders. Huge knee rolls which didn’t suit me at all - made for longer, slimmer legs than mine!

I got a nick dolman instead through the same fitter, which my horse loves. Cheaper and less well known make but a nicely made smart saddle that suits my ID - and my stumpy legs!

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
Amazing saddles. I bought a jumping saddle and my horse was so happy in it that I bought a Dressage one as well.

My dressage one does not have the big knee rolls. I went for the more classically styled dressage version.

When I heard about them I thought it sounded like yet another gimmick disguised as innovation. However, the logic on the trees makes sense to me and my sensitive mare certainly told me that she preferred the stridefree.

Expensive but I feel it was money well spent.

SEL

Visit site
I had a lesson on a little arab mare in one a few years ago and it was fabulous. She loved it and I actually felt like I was in the right position for the first time in forever.

Sadly the saddle didn't belong to the horse or me, but as a trial I loved it.

CMcC

Visit site
Amazing saddles. I bought a jumping saddle and my horse was so happy in it that I bought a Dressage one as well.

My dressage one does not have the big knee rolls. I went for the more classically styled dressage version.

When I heard about them I thought it sounded like yet another gimmick disguised as innovation. However, the logic on the trees makes sense to me and my sensitive mare certainly told me that she preferred the stridefree.

Same for me except I have GP and dressage. Love them both. Dressage is the most comfortable saddle I have ever sat in and pony loves them too.

Frumpoon

Visit site

Can you explain the logic on the trees in idiot proof terms please?

Flame_

Visit site
Can you explain the logic on the trees in idiot proof terms please?

The saddle fitter I had the other day suggested these saddles and said they cost around £4k. My Mum asked what is it about them that makes them cost that much and the saddler answered (paraphrasing) "the tree point swivels in like a semi-circle over the shoulder to allow the shoulder to move more freely". I've no experience of them, haven't seen one and am not planning on buying one, just thought I might as well share that.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Some decent videos which explain it well. It made sense to me in terms of the tree, I just didn’t like the fit for me.

https://horobin.com.au/

Those videos are really helpful, thanks Bern

I love the look of the SF tree but when he's comparing to a normal tree he puts it directly on the horses back, when we know it sits at least an inch or two above the horse in reality, cushioned by foam or flock - is that fair to say?

It sort of also looks similar to the amerigo vega composite tree

I do really like the look of them, I'm just testing out some thoughts because it is an awful lot of £££...but no more I suppose than Devoucoux/CWD/Prestige etc etc