Strike pad missing after xc

dixie

Visit site
Hi, I have some fairly new PE hind xc boots & used them yesterday for xc. When I got back there was a tear in the hind boot and the carbon strike pad was missing. I was a bit concerned about this because whilst he hit a couple fairly hard, (luckily they are still quite tiny) I was concerned that the carbon pad could have slid out and potentially cut his leg. I'm not sure how sharp these are unless I cut the other one open but I was surprised about how easily it came out.
On the plus side he was not cut or bruised this morning so perhaps they have done their job of protecting him.

Has anyone else had this problem as I shall probably buy some more boots but maybe the NEW ones, which I have always had in the past.

dixie

Visit site
Very new but I actually bought them second hand off ebay but they were unused and I've used them about 4 times.
I will email them though and see what they say.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Definitely worth a conversation. At the very least to be helpful, as they should know if they have a batch with a flaw in them.

dixie

Visit site
UPDATE for those interested - Despite not buying them direct from PE, they have generously said I can buy another pair for half price. Perhaps a bit sneaky as I've now gone on their website and my shopping list is quite long !! Anyhow, good service yet again from PE.