Strong pulse

scats

Visit site
Could he have EMS? If this is the cause, his pulses might remain until you’ve got things under control. It’s not always as simple as just removing them from grass. The grass might simply be one extra trigger in an already compromised system.
Polly remained with pulses despite box rest, in fact, they got worse the more she was in. If a horse is not lame and happy to move of their own accord, Im a big advocate of free movement (not forced) in a soft area with forage that’s less than 5% sugar and starch. But please seek vet advice first.

Connemara24

Visit site
I'm not sure it is possible. I'm going to get him tested, I'll ring vets on Monday. Thank you for your advice its very helpful. I ended up putting him out this evening but his field is basically dirt so hopefully he will be okay. He is definitely happy to move around was jogging up to his field. Thanks again

Pinkvboots

Visit site
When Arabi was lame with thin soles he had strong pulses in front so vet thought it was laminitis I padded his feet and he was sound after 2 days on bute, we x rayed him was no sign of laminitis just very thin soles and probably bruised.

Might be worth doing x rays if the tests are negative ?

Connemara24

Visit site
When Arabi was lame with thin soles he had strong pulses in front so vet thought it was laminitis I padded his feet and he was sound after 2 days on bute, we x rayed him was no sign of laminitis just very thin soles and probably bruised.

Might be worth doing x rays if the tests are negative

Thank you that's helpful. He had x rays done when he had laminitis. Which showed mild rotation I think it was 5% could be wrong though as he wasn't mine at the time I was just looking after him.

Connemara24

Visit site
His pulse is starting to go down now thankfully. It still gets stronger during the day but not nearly as much and it's mostly just in one leg. Thanks