Struggling to fit in exercise

Branna

Visit site
I ride and do all jobs in the morning before work, but I am lucky to have someone else check my horse in the evening so I don't have to go up twice a day (although I don't usually finish work until 6.30-7pm anyway).

I used to book gym classes in the evening which made me actually go (mainly because you were charged if you didn't turn up).

Haven't been to the gym since covid but I signed up to an app (Centr) which has varied daily workouts, a really good meal plan plus meditations etc. It works out about £7 a month but as I pay for it I actually use it, whereas when I just used free HIIT workouts on youtube I wouldn't be consistent.

I usually run in the summer and lose the motivation in winter so I also signed up to a 6 week running plan leading up to Christmas to run a faster 10k - it has a weekly plan of 3 runs, plus 2 strength & stretch sessions which can be done live on zoom or later on youtube. The lady running it has set up a facebook group for the 20 or so people who signed up which is nice because you see each others progress and keep each other accountable!
In the same vein, Strava is really good, especially if you have friends who also run that you can follow. I usually sign up to a few challenges on there which are free and make me keep going!

Running in the dark is never fun but I really recommend this: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/run-light-250-aw19-running-light/_/R-p-312549
Once you are out and going it's never as bad as you think it will be!

Cocorules

Visit site
I usually tack it on to horse exercise, but only get ten minutes so get back from horse ride in the morning and then stop at park on way home to run.

Very occasionally work from home and then I cycle in lunch break.

Occasionally run in evening when do horses again only get ten minutes and run in the dark but all off road. My only difficulty now is avoiding massive puddles in the dark but avoiding is also exercise.

You have to commit to seeking out any tiny pockets of time. A ten minute HIIT is better than nothing.

I also used to run from work to the park and ride but these days usually have to carry laptop so not overly comfortable.

Weekends are easier.

sjdress

Visit site
How far away is the yard from your home, is it possible you can walk/run/cycle to the yard occasionally to get your exercise? It's easy for me as I don't drive, so have no choice but to cycle to the yard! Sure, it takes longer, but when I take into account I'm getting my exercise too I'm actually saving time. Lucky for you though that you'll have the choice to drive when the weather is bad ;)

Yard is about 30 mins in the car and work is 30 mins in the car the other way. I’d have to get up at stupid o clock to cycle there and back and be at work on time so I don’t think it’s doable

Cob Life

Visit site
I don’t!
I leave the house at 7 as it is(already having cleaned out the menagerie at home) and Go straight to work. Eat lunch as I work. Finish at 4:30/5 and head to the yard, muck out, poo pick, groundwork one, ride one. I’m home by 7:30/8. Then I walk the dogs again and do evening checks/feeds on all small animals at home.

I love running but tend to stick to the summer when I have more time. I actually find I’m fitter in winter doing hay deliveries, more yard duties than I am When I run a few times a week. The zombies run 5k is a really good couch to 5k and makes running a little more interesting