Struggling with riding lessons, maybe?

Lois Lame

Visit site
Yes, we can stay on.

I remember my old riding instructor telling me once that I could stay on, but now I had to learn everything else (or words to that effect).

Trouble is, he couldn't explain stuff to me. Not his fault. He wasn't a born teacher and never would be. He'd started out in the fashion business and somehow took up riding instruction at some stage. He could ride very well if he had a mind to, but he rarely had a mind to. He'd learnt in the cavalry - he'd been a Prussian officer.

Your start, Bob notacob, of being lead around parks and roads would have been lovely. You got the feel of a horse with none of the scary stuff.

Henkie

Visit site
Hello everyone, thank you for all the replies, I've found them really helpful. I'm not back riding yet, still recovering and stuck on meds which have flattened me! My current fitness level is a 10 minute walk a day, so I think it'll be a while before I can get back on a horse. Ive really missed being around horses, looking forward to getting back to it, soon hopefully. I haven't made it down to the stables, but I'm missing my favourites.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Hello everyone, thank you for all the replies, I've found them really helpful. I'm not back riding yet, still recovering and stuck on meds which have flattened me! My current fitness level is a 10 minute walk a day, so I think it'll be a while before I can get back on a horse. Ive really missed being around horses, looking forward to getting back to it, soon hopefully. I haven't made it down to the stables, but I'm missing my favourites.
Sending best wishes for your recovery Henkie and looking forward to hearing from you when you feel well enough to make it to your stables.