Stubben Bridles or Sabre Bridles

Alchemy

Visit site
What do you prefer? I quite like the Stubben Imperial 191/Stubben 1001 Waterford or the Sabre Cordoba.

Trying to find them on the net that dont cost mega money is proofing tricky!

looking for a new brown bridle as just replaced black saddle with brown so now want to change bridles.

Any other recommendations?

flintmeg

Visit site
Personally I would go for sabre, I have a Dortmund and one iv had 8 years and it's still going strong. Iv had stubben before and I found they just didn't last well. Also for me you can't beat English leather :)

madlady

Visit site
I'm a Sabre lover - I've just splashed out on 2 new bridles and the cheapest place I found them was buying direct from Sabre.

OK I'm down a couple of hundred quid but considering my other 2 Sabre bridles are now 12 years old and still going strong I'm not overly bothered :)

pansymouse

Visit site
I don't think the quality of the leather Stubben used is great for the price you pay, Sabre are better value but the best value of non-branded English leather hand stitched bridles from independent bridle makers.

Alchemy

Visit site
Thanks this is really useful i think i would prefer English leather, Will google and see if i can find an independent bridle maker in Suffolk :)

Probaby should go and do some work but shopping for the horse so much more interesting! :)

porkpie

Visit site
Sabre all the way - or direct from someone like Townfields - thats all top quality English leather made for them in Walsall. Stuben quality has declined sadly. Only problem with Sabre is their sizing is a bit odd - I've found it comes up quite large on the different horses I've had but has never stopped me buying their bridles and breastplates - apart from the 5 point breastplate which I can't imagine fitting anything as it was sized very strangely!

bexcy-bee

Visit site
I have 3 sabre bridles now, love them all! 2 are standard flash bridles and I have 1 cordoba, which is xfull, and I love it so much, even though I don't and probably won't ever again, have a horse big enough for it, I'm debating holding onto it just in case, because it really is so lovely!

However, I also bought 2 pairs of sabre stirrup leathers, both stretched loads, so much so my sister started XC in XC length stirrups, and came back with dressage length... So for stirrup leathers, I will always go for stubben as they haven't stretched out of place at all!

Bexcy-bee x

welshied

Visit site
I have just got a new sabre bridle for my ID x TB and i got him the full headpiece and X full noseband i have always liked sabre really good quality leather and they last

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Stubben! Love the little bits of detail on all the keepers etc

Had it 5 years and still looks like new but he does wear his material bridle if there's rain/ mud!

The split headpiece annoys me a bit but it was bought when I was at college with just a Saturday job so all I could afford at the time. Keep looking at new ones but I don't need one! Hmmm!

Alchemy

Visit site
Stubben! Love the little bits of detail on all the keepers etc

Had it 5 years and still looks like new but he does wear his material bridle if there's rain/ mud!

The split headpiece annoys me a bit but it was bought when I was at college with just a Saturday job so all I could afford at the time. Keep looking at new ones but I don't need one! Hmmm!

well i may have a black full practically new Stubben for sale shortly! owned years used 5 times very well looked after, my stubben doesnt have a split headpiece.

Still cant decided def sabre but do i go for the cordoba (tbh bit out of price range), hunder bridle or the eton?????

Domino8212

Visit site
my sabre is brill, did a show a couple of months back and had a slight panic about my bridle, which despite being exposed to all elements for 5 years hadn't been cleaned once! :/ cleaned up well and still as strong as it was when I bought it. now gets cleaned at least once a week!! love sabre!

Tern

Visit site
owning both i found my stubben bridle is a bit like cardboard ( No longer used) i adore sabre and would buy another if i could afford though my sabre came with loan horse 5 years ago ;)

NeverSayNever

Visit site
I have the Sabre Cordoba in black and love it to bits :D However.... i loved it so much i bought the hunter style in havana and although its still a gorgeous bridle, be warned, Sabre havana is quite a light shade and because of the shiny coating on the leather very little oil is absorbed by it , so it wont darken :( Im pretty gutted as its just too light a shade for me, I prefer the havana colour of jeffries.