Stubben bridles

Befney3

Visit site
Am looking at getting a Stubben bridle for my new horsey but am not sure what size I'll need. My horsey is a 16.1hh TB with a fairly small, fine head. I had a Sabre cob size on my old mare who had a similar size head but have heard that Stubbens are quite small sizes. Is this right?

Thanks

Elise

Visit site
Hiya I bought a full size Stubben bridle for a 16hh Anglo Arab mare. I thought it might come up too big and I'd have to change it to a cob size but it fits her perfectly!

This link shows the measurements of the differents sizes of Stubben browbands.

https://www.stubbendirect.co.uk/stubben1005rangebrowband-p-298.html

Hope that helps a bit
smile.gif

PrincessDana

Visit site
Stubbens are quite small made. If you are buying from a shop i would get the full and try it on and that way you can exchange it for a smaller size if needed, easily enough.

ann-jen

Visit site
See I would say the opposite! My current horse (16hh medium weight) had a cob sized stubben bridle and when I replaced it with a Barnsby bridle I got a cob size assuming sizes to be pretty standard and it wouldn't fit her even on the last holes on the cheek pieces and I had to take it back and swap it for a full size - All other bridles I've had on her have been full size so it seems more that the stubben was big than the barnsby was small if you see what I mean.

PrincessDana

Visit site
I got the cob size for my old cob and it was too small. He had quite a refined head for a cob too. Suppose it's just trial and error really
smile.gif

Scarlett

Visit site
I have the 3000 Stubben on mt 16h TB - he's in a cob size and all the buckles are on the first holes, if it were any bigger he'd need pony!!!

happihorse

Visit site
I have a padded Stubben bridle for my Dutch WB who doesn't have a heavy head. However, the crank nosebank and headpiece of the noseband is much too big - I had to put loads more holes in and now there is long pieces of excess flapping about. The throat lash is quite short, but the cheek pieces are just right!

I think you need to get one size and try it on before you commit!

ajones

Visit site
hi my 17hh irish draft has a full size stuben bridle and a x full stubben headcollar . its best to measure the bridle you have now with a tape measure and go to your local saddlery with measurements for some advise also saddlery 4 u on ebay is great really friendly i'm sure they'd be able to help you.

not_with_it

Visit site
I agree with this. My mare is a 15.2 WB and has a cob sized stubben bridle, A full size JB bridle and had a full sized Sabre bridle. The browband is a bit small but the rest fits perfectly.