Stubborn pony! mickey gavin??

OrchidPants

New User
Visit site
Okay.. So my pony is as good as gold usually with anything you throw at her(not literally guys!) all except loading that is! we have tried every trick in the book and she knows them all and how to get around it. Well its now come to the point that other people are trying and being too forceful. Last thing I want is her getting hurt and having bad expierences with the trailer. She's not in the least bit scared she's been on travels fine infact amazing, simply being a stubborn mare! So I was wondering what people's thoughts were on having a whisperer out and any recommendations? Or any thoughts on mickey gavin as he is close by. Derbyshire area. Thanks guys!x

P.s she goes near enough straight on a lorry but funds can't stretch that far at the moment!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
If she goes straight on a lorry, I'd suspect that travelling in a trailer worries her - hence her reluctance to load.

OrchidPants

New User
Visit site
Yeah I know where your coming from but it's strange she'll just plant her feet and get as much treats out of you as she can haha! There's no fear there though when shes in.. Strange mare.. Thanks for the reply x

Cherrydan

Visit site
Mickey Gavin is amazing...for horse and rider. He is dirt cheap for the time and passion. He is VERY straight talking, says what he thinks, speaks a little in riddles...makes you think about issues and wont push too hard on your horse. I couldnt thank him enough...long waiting list though, but he is always available on the phone, he isnt all about money and he is patient and funny.

mdfreeman37

Visit site
We've also used Mickey before last time for my sometimes rude mare. He's fab. say's it as he sees it and wouldn't leave until we were perfectly happy :)

mdfreeman37

Visit site
I seem to remember it was around the 80 pound mark last time we had him over which was well over a year ago(don't quote me on the price as it was a while ago). best thing is to give him a call his number is on the website if I remember correctly. He's worth his weight in gold!