Stud balancer or lo cal balancer

hobo

Visit site
I have carried on with baileys stud balancer even though my youngster is 3 and the mare is riding again. A friend picked up lo cal by mistake but I do wonder if I should use it now.
They are both very good doers but poorish feet they only get balancer and a smiggy of alfa. Lo cal mentions biotin and zinc but can not find if they are in stud balancer on web site and have no empty bag left.
What are your feelings/advice.
I will post a picture of three year old later.

hobo

Visit site
Thank you SF when I looked on the site I could not get the ingredient bit to roll down. So it looks like it has the Zinc but not the biotin and much more protein. I have open the lo cal balancer I guess as she is now 3 and such a good doer it is probably the best for her now. Hopefully their feet will improve with the biotin.

Spring Feather

Visit site
I do change my youngsters onto different balancers at different stages in their young lives. I don't have to do any of the nutrient calculations however as I am incredibly lucky to have a highly qualified equine nutritionist who keeps her mares and foals at my farm.

alfiesmum

Visit site
interesting spring feather, when and for what reasons would you change the feeds? interested as have a youngster and want to do the best by him x many thanks in advance

Spring Feather

Visit site
I change the balancers they get as they grow because they require different levels of ingredients/nutrition at different stages in their lives. Once mine are yearlings they go onto a different balancer than they have been fed as foals.