Stud holes

Jenni&Ditty

Visit site
What do you put in your stud holes when you are not using them?
I've tried the rubber plugs, they stay in but then I can never get them out!
I've also tried the cotton wool type ones, they either fall out, or get squished up and mud goes on top of them and then they also get compacted and stuck!
Anyone any ideas? Thanks!

VRIN

Visit site
I don't put anything in but the day before clean stud holes, check i can put a stud in each hole and fill with vaseline. seems to work

Llee94

Visit site
I just fill with cotton wool and vaseline. The night before I will clean them out, tap them and pop in some ear plugs as they expand to fill in all the holes and are very easy to get out.

Nicnac

Visit site
Cotton wool soaked in WD40 after shoeing and check they are in when pick out feet each day, then day before event, clean out really well and put in liveryman cotton plugs also soaked in WD40 overnight. Never had an issue getting them out at an event. Found the cigarette filters a bit fiddly as they aren't the right size.

blood_magik

Visit site
I like those plugs from Horse Health. Popped them in before Blair and they were super easy to get out - only issue was losing them in the grass (not to self - don't buy the green ones next time ;) )

abbijay

Visit site
I use ear plugs like you get in factories or construction sites or to take on aeroplanes. They squish down and go in really easily and then expand out to fill the hole well and come out easily in one piece, not like cottonwool which can take all day. Plus they're cheap as chips