Stud questions - help please!

burtie

Visit site
Just a note of caution AI from Frozen is much trickier as far as timing and procdure goes than AI from chilled or fresh which really is justa case of shoving it in around 24 hours before ovulation. Frozen only survives for up to 6 hours after defrosting so timing must be spot on.
The real downside to chilled is relying on delivery, especially if as in my case your getting it from Holland.
I'm guessing in your case it will be chilled?

juliehannah58

Visit site
Hiya

Yes it's fresh / chilled. If I telephone before 10am it is guarenteed for next morning delivery, or so they say!

Gosh don't envy you at all, my head is spinning just thinking about all of this!
crazy.gif

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes it's fresh / chilled. If I telephone before 10am it is guarenteed for next morning delivery, or so they say!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't beleive a word, both mine were guaranteed AM deliveries both turned up after 5pm, the second around 6pm and was all warmed up and basically useless.

In my case the fact that it was international meant more possible problems but the guarantee is not worth the paper it's written on.

delphipuppy

www.treliverstud.co.uk
I sent out loads of chilled semen this year via the post office, before 9am delivery and every one arrived on time. Well done the Post office. I think it is more reliable if it comes from within the UK.
Having her AIed at home is easy, as burtie said timing is not nearly as critical with chilled, however on the other hand Hobgoblins has Madeleine who is one of the top repro vets in the country.