'Stuff' for sale - best place to advertise?

Paard

Visit site
I've had a massive clearout recently and have been totally ruthless with it all (that was a difficult task for a serial hoarder!
cool.gif
) Now I am left with loads of books (on everything from breeding to training show jumpers and silly, humourous ones), DVDs, rugs, a Wintec saddle etc etc that I don't want or need any more. Can anyone recommend where to try to sell it all? I have just put my saddle on Freeads and most of the books are on Amazon. I don't like Ebay (too complicated for me!) Is there anywhere else that is worth a try? Off to my local saddlery later with an advert.
Thanks in advance!
laugh.gif

scrumpygus

Visit site
Can you go to your local Boot-sale - i saw a table at my boot sale last week with loads of horsey stuff out and i swear she had the most people round her table - and she was asking £400 for seriously scruffy leather saddles and sold them! i was shocked!

Paard

Visit site
Ooh thanks...There is one that Hubby and I are hoping to go to this weekend if we manage to clear out the attic in time.
I went to one recently and it was terrifying! Before we'd even gotten out of the car people were swarming round us!
shocked.gif
LOL Never been before so I had NO idea what to expect...It seems people go nuts for others junk!
wink.gif

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
I would put horsesy stuff on e-bay, people tend to pay over the odds on there. I think people expecta bargain at boot sales, i do!
tongue.gif

CBAnglo

Visit site
Yes, have similar problem.

I recently moved yards (had personal tack room and moved to a yard with just small storage behind stable). The amount of stuff I had to move was ridiculous and I also retired my horse, so again all of his "work" stuff (dressage saddle, jump saddle, bridles etc etc) had to go as well as his rug wardrobe (no need for HWs or stable rugs as lives out now and does one horse really need 60 rugs?)

Anyway, I found that you really need to advertise things separately - job lots dont do as well especially if there are lots of things to scan through. Also, take lots of pics.

some websites I have used:

www.stabletalk.co.uk
www.freeads.co.uk
www.newrider.com

Paard

Visit site
Thank you for all your suggestions. I am off to try a few of them
smile.gif

Found more stuff this afternoon cleaning the shed out at home...Didn't think I had that much stuff!
shocked.gif
I have a helluva lot of washing to do the next few days (fun!
smirk.gif
)