Stuff you never use

Regandal

Visit site
I have cleared out all the stuff I do not use BUT am after cob size travel boots (black or burgandy) if anyone has any AND hock and knee boots too
I have a set of travel boots I had for my TB mare, I think they're burgundy (could be a dark rusty colour). I'm sure they're cob sized, most of her stuff was. Will check tomorrow. You're welcome to them.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Wound powder
Poultice/hoof boot (gave it away)
Really stiff dandy brush (too harsh for my sensitive skinned boy)
Polypad (came with him)
Shedding blade (again, too harsh for Kal)
A baby blue show rug that came with him - it's too small
Stockholm Tar - it leaked all over my grooming kit before I ever had a chance to use it - took me ages to wash my brushes . . . they still smell of the stuff (and I quite like the smell ;))
Face brush . . . I just use the same big soft brush I use on the rest of him
Solo comb . . . I pull his mane using a pulling comb and leave his tail au naturel
Prolite riser . . . I may end up using this but as there's no way to anchor it under the saddle, it slips and is therefore useless
Pink saddle cloth from when we had Nelly - with her name on it . . . somehow seems wrong putting it on Kal
Synthetic stirrup leathers - came with him - awful things
Albion jump saddle (also came with him) - doesn't fit him and I haven't gotten round to selling it (nice saddle)

I think that's it . . .

P

JustMeThen

Visit site
A lovely Amigo jersey sheet I asked for for my last birthday - but it's too nice to use in the stable and I've got a lovely show rug so I've never used it and it's so nice!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Pretty much everything in my grooming box :redface3: I use a curry comb, mane and tail brush and that's about it! I also have several 'spare' bridles, just in case! The inevitable surplus rugs that never see the light of day...

Yup, this is the reason for the other thread! Thermatex never used!!

Blimey, if it'll fit a 6'3 sized cob, I'll have it!

sherry90

Visit site
I'm after a 17.5" MW black dressage saddle if anyone has one they don't use that they'd be happy to PM me about? Not looking to break the bank so doesn't need to be perfect

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
-Neck covers x 2- he is scared of them
-Fly mask- he is scared of it (not sure if I sent it to local horse charity following clear out in the summer)
-sj fly bonnet thing
-liveryman harmony clippers-one word for these and it starts with a c!!!
-Pelham- he p'd off in it
-exercise bandages- bought ages ago as thought they were stable bandages til I was told otherwise! Am also too lazy to use them

charlimouse

Visit site
A Wow dressage saddle (never fitted me and the horse hated it)
Exercise bandages (I just use boots, much quicker!)
I have a whole set of shelves with every different lotion and potion under the sun, yet only ever use Hypocare.
The H2go bag which fell out of the wheelbarrow as soon as I tried to tip out any water.
Smart leather headcollar for competitions (always forget about it, and I am generally rushing so no time to dig it out from under my junk).

NZJenny

Visit site
A collection of plastic containers that I used to buy electrolytes in. With lids They might come in useful one day.

khalswitz

Visit site
Set of saddle bags - used to use them on my old horse for long rides (picnic!) but Geoff hates them.
A sheepskin seat saver - I love riding in it but never remember to use it...
Hi viz exercise sheet - it goes under the saddle, so a huge faff, and is too small for my lad (who is 17hh and a 6'9" in rugs). Would love a wraparound one though!!
All my shampoo/mane and tail etc - horse lives out so I feel very guilty washing him with more than just water, even in summer.
A Cheltenham gag and a Cambridge Weymouth and eggbutt single joint bridoon, and a frenchlink baucher.

Dusty85

Visit site
Loads…..

Sealtex latex bit wrap…never used
Cheltenham gag with full cheeks (nelson gag) with black rope cheek pieces. copper roller mouth piece 5.5"
Toggi esher padded Gilet in brown, size 10/12 Hardly worn)
various bits of bridles- nosebands, cheek pieces, mostly in full. Black
x2 big squares of gamgee pads for under bandages
various brushes, numnahs and boots…..

I think a swap shop would be a great idea- Im not sure why HH would have a problem with it- most people would only really pay to advertise large pieces of tack like saddles etc. too expensive for small bits like this!!

blood_magik

Visit site
A girth, two bridles, a string-vest style sweat rug, safety stirrups, body protector, various riding hats, various gloves, feed bucket covers, feed buckets, various boots and bandages, various snaffles, exercise sheets and two sheepskin girth sleeves.

And that's after I had a clear-out. :eek:
I had a few rugs and some unwanted feed that went to a local charity.

Last edited:

Frosty89

Visit site
Goat's hair body brush is something I've never used either.
Moulded leg wraps for underneath bandages, bloody useless. I use non-moulded ones instead now.

nix123

Visit site
Lots and lots of pony stuff. 2 x saddles one 16" other 17". Travel boots and 3 wire corner hay bars and 2 black plastic hay bars that go on the floor in stable. Lots of different bits and mainly 5" or 5.5". Gone from having 6 horses/ponies to 2 now.

becca1305

Visit site
Travel boots, hock boots (bought for travelling).
Blue rinse! - no matter what I try I always turn my poor mare blue!! I think thats probably my incompetence over a fault with the product though.
Various rugs that I can't bring myself to part with *just in case* so get stored away as spares!
Acavallo gel rear riser
'Tail sock' - awkward to put on, ruckles the hairs the wrong way and encourages static :(.
Multipurpose plaiting comb/ bulldog clip/ plaiting band holder - not particularly good at any of the above normal method easier. Mad at myself about that one getting sucked into the shiny marketing!!
Scarily probably lots more! I have boxes and boxes of spare stuff that rarely if ever gets used!