Stupid Q - what's this number?

Pendlehog

Visit site
Ok bear with me if im being dim but I am looking at rehoming a chocolate lab from work amd have just been looking at his vacc card. Under Description: it states " chocolate - AK04369704

Is this a chip number? I work in rescue but dont recognise the code??
His name is Chios harvest collector of that means anything to anyone? Thanks for reading, be nice :)

As an aside I have been trying to find some details of his parentage, so far the only Chios I can find is on the hideous "breedyourdog" site, the poor dog is 20 months (5months younger than mine, same sire perhaps?) and they havent bothered to fill in the pedigree section, aaargh!
Considering our area theres a good chance hes a dogs4us dog :(

Pendlehog

Visit site
Aha! Thanks for that, I suppose there is a chance I will be able to get a copy of his ped then? I actually wanted to know if any of his line were hip/elbow scored, he has a mighty odd gait ATM which I am hoping is pano, not something more sinister. He will go for xray next week if the lameness has not improved.

He is a beautiful little man, I will pop a few pictures on here soon (if I dont take him he will be available for adoption ;) )

EAST KENT

Visit site
The KC numbers change with the year and issue of the Breed Record Supplement. Therefore,at the moment they are going through A`s plus another letter,because the straight A`s B`s etc are used up. For instance,my own mini bull "Booklet" is AF......and her daughter "Bookworm" is AK......;that sequence will run it`s course until AZ ....,and then no doubt they will be AAA,AAB,AAC etc. Simple really.:)
Provided he is in your name with the KC they will issue a pedigree,if not use the transfer service and get his pedigree at the same time.You must have his Registration form though,and signed on the back. If you do have that,on the back you will se "Unique Ownership Number"..and using this and your card number quick transfer is easy via E Mail.

Last edited:

Pendlehog

Visit site
I havent got the Registration Form sadly, I may be able to contact the previous owners and see if they still have it, chances are it has been binned if they have given him up.

For anyone who's interested, here he is playing with Bax (the black chap) today at work:

10 points if you can spot what he's missing ;)

Pendlehog

Visit site
ROFL!! Well he IS a baby lab so his brain is definately on hiatus, but thats not it either ;)
You are rapidly deconstructing my potential new dog, nope he is definately not missing his front paw :0

Pendlehog

Visit site
10 points to Vizslak :D

Chocolate dog says a big thank you for saving him from Slinky who seems determined to rob him of most of his limbs :DD

He is a fabulous boy, so so sensible for his age (sadly stomach still very much intact!) - just have to get to the bottom of this lameness issue then steal him away to my house.