"Style" Monoflap Event Saddles....anyone heard of these?!

orangepony

Visit site
I've been offered a "Style" monoflap event saddle by a friend and at first glance it looks really nice.
It fits the pony at present but as his musculature changes and develops it will obviously need adjusting.
The main interest I had is that she mentioned that they are adjustable trees (saddle is approx 6months- 1 year old). I'm not sure how they adjust or even know anything about them to be honest and I am hoping someone on here can enlighten me!

The linky for the website where new ones are for sale: http://www.crosscountryboots.co.uk/www.crosscountryboots.co.uk/info.php?p=3&pno=0

I live quite a way from Style HQ (bristol) and am unsure about fitting and adjusting etc due to distance. Can they only be done through Style at Bristol?

Beautiful saddle but not really much use unless I can ensure it will actually fit long term!

Hoping someone can help,

Thanks x

georgiegirl

Visit site
That looks very much a similar type to one that was made by land rover a few years back....

I'd give the folks a style a call....they will be able to answer your questions about it and may have contact details for someone in your area re fit/adjustment?

nickyb

Visit site
ditto jen, definitely not adjustable and i don't find mine that comfy......in saying that to purely jump and go xc in, it does the job perfectly. you can't flock them neither so are a bit stuck if you needed an "adjustment"

seche

Visit site
I have ridden in one that belongs to a friend quite abit. Her eventer went up to three star in his no probs, it is very minimialistic, but I like saddles like that, he has a very high wither and good front and this fitted him well for all fast work, SJ and XC. Its a good quality saddle and the stitching is still sound! Andrew Nicholson has used them on his horses in the past I believe.

KatB

Visit site
The new ones are adjustable, as it says on the website :) I think it's a key type mechanism to adjust the width at the front, definitely worth giving Style a ring, as I am sure they will be able to clarify for you :)

orangepony

Visit site
Having phoned Style they were very helpful (albeit a little busy getting sorted for Burghley!) and, yes they are adjustable ( the newer ones) with a metal headplate type arrangement. Paul is sending me some information on them so I will have a bit more info on how it is made etc.

Thanks to everyone who has replied; I was just a bit intrigued having never heard of the company or the saddles!

Those of you that have them; are they comfy?! I've only ridden in it twice for very short spells to try; and it seems quite robust although not as roomy as I thought it would be. I only have jump saddles as would far rather dressage in a really nice CC rather than have a mediocre jump and dressage saddle; sadly my budget doesnt extend to really nice DR too!
Are these suitable for doing everything in (i.e hunting/dr/sj/hacking etc)? The panels seem very hard but Style assured me that is because they are silicon foam (?) and are designed to be super springy to plump up after use!?

Thank you so much for all help so far :)
x

seche

Visit site
I find it comfy - but ive got long legs and ride short. I had a jumping saddle for years and jumped did PC and evented just in that before getting a dressage saddle (a nice thing to have but not a necessitiy) you are right for having a jump saddle than a GP (generally purposeless!) I would say fine for all, but as a matter of course I use a Prolite wide relief pad with a thin cotton numnah with all my saddles, this Style wearing horse just wears it with a sheepskin.

goneshowjumping

Visit site
i brought one of these today from burghley, and i have just ridden in it and all i can say is wow! they are fab!
all the staff are very knowledgable, and i cannot fault them with advice ect. ive also been told to try it for a week and if i dont like it i can return it for a full refund or i can return it for any adjustments needed free of charge!
this is the first time i have had a mono flap, and sat on some albion ones today also and went straight back to Style, as i felt there saddles were comfy and i liked the memory foam idea, and my picky TB didnt bat a eyelid when i put it on him as they are sooooo light! with having only 1 ride so far in it, i can honestly say they are fab saddles!

TarrSteps

Visit site
I looked on the site but it doesn't say anything about how the tree adjusts. Is it similar to the "Wellup" tree that adjusts with a ratchet key in a wheel at the pommel? The Rembrandt dressage saddle used to use that technology. The problem was a lot of them slipped with use and/or jammed, especially if you adjusted them often. Tbf, I had a Rembrandt and it was fine but I got it cheaply because they fell from popularity.

Ambs

New User
Visit site
I have one that unfortunately does not fit my new horse, it is tan has an adjustable tree, 17.5 in, only been used 5 times, if interested message me.
Glencol370, STOP dont sell it! it will fit your horse. we can adjust it! Is it sitting too low? We can bring the tree in, the silica gell means no pressure and pinching, only the tree moves allow the rest of the flexible panels to mould around your horse once your on board!
Message me, if you do want to sell it I will buy it off you. Thanks.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I must chip in and say, as lots of people would also say, that an adjustable head plate does not mean it can fit any horse. And as it is foam (which does have its benefits, but downsides as well) you can't even adjust flocking. The tree and the panel may well not suit this horse and it's not correct to suggest that it can always be altered to fit.