sudden excessive drooling

LaurenBay

Visit site
So yesterday I drove to Epping Forest for a long walk. We arrived home and my Dog started drooling, really badly. He doesn't really ever drool. Was fine in himself and ate his dinner. It did improve as evening went on and today is normal.

What could have caused the drooling?

Clodagh

Visit site
I wonder if he ate something that had a mild poisonous effect? Or tasted even worse than a beagle expected?
If he has stopped it probably isn’t something stuck in his throat or teeth.
Glad he’s better.

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
I had a dally do that on a walk many, many moons ago. I rang the vets from the common and took him straight there. Of course by the time I got there it had nearly stopped and I paid £25 for the vet to tell me he’d be fine! It was so dramatic though, so much foam and drool that I couldn’t see his mouth or nose at all.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
How is he now? This is one of the signs that told us Bear had something going on. Blocked salivary gland, apparently, despite the vet telling us it was far more serious! Anti-inflammatories sorted it. Maybe ha has something stuck? Was it temporary?

StableMum

Visit site
My lad did this one evening a while ago, it was quite dramatic. It had all cleared up by the morning and has never occurred again.