suddenly spooky?

blueboy1

Visit site
just a quick post about my 11year old thoroughbred. although he was in medium work all winter he was recently had about 3weeks off hard work due to new arena being built but has been walked out for most days since then so consequently i cut some of his feed as he wasn't needing it.
since Thursday he has been acting very out of character. i took him for a stroll down the lane which he has walked 1000's of time yet he was rather fresh and literally shaking whilst spooking at things he has seen before i just ignored this and put it down to not being ridden for a while.
but last night and tonight have me believe hes acting up for others reasons since he has been flying around the field on and off for the majority of his time out (usual field with usual horses) and wasn't happy being caught tonight and it took me 15mins to finally catch him but he usually comes straight over to me!

any idea on whats up?

skydancer

Visit site
Hi, Im no expert but sounds to me like his just feeling good and full of it particularly with the spring grass! If it was my horse u would cut out all hard feed and lunge him b4 you do anything else. Maybe there is a section of field you could section and use for lunging/schoolwork? I know my horse can be a complete nutcase if she isnt ridden 6/7 days xxxx:)