Sue Dyson

PC Steele

Visit site
Anyone sent their horse to Sue. I’m at my wits end with intermittent lameness and no definite diagnosis. I have heard that Sue is excellent???

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Not personally but a horse on my yard went to her. Both rear suspensories operated on about 5 years ago, mare now in her teens and as sound as a bell. Owner found her a bit daunting but she is busy and not there to make friends, so take note of what she says first time.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
A friend's horse went to her as the mare had a peculiar walk that everyone said was lameness. The new owner got tired of being told the horse was lame so went there, to be told the horse was sound and workable to start eventing.

Must have been correct as within a few years the mare was running intermediate.

It was refreshing, actually, to go expecting to be told the horse was lame, and to come back ready to run.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
A friend's horse went to her as the mare had a peculiar walk that everyone said was lameness. The new owner got tired of being told the horse was lame so went there, to be told the horse was sound and workable to start eventing.

Must have been correct as within a few years the mare was running intermediate.

It was refreshing, actually, to go expecting to be told the horse was lame, and to come back ready to run.

wow. Given that she has a reputation for writing horses off, it's good to see that it goes the other way sometimes!

Alibear

Visit site
Yes she is excellent, I'm another who took a horse there having had my vet tell me the PTS due to Stringhalt, Sue found an abscess very quickly and all worked out well. Original vet was also very apologetic.

tristar

Visit site
wow. Given that she has a reputation for writing horses off, it's good to see that it goes the other way sometimes![/QUOTpretty amazed by that, yet in a way i am not surprised, i have a thing about horses not working hard enough to keep themselves right

SEL

Visit site
Yes she is excellent, I'm another who took a horse there having had my vet tell me the PTS due to Stringhalt, Sue found an abscess very quickly and all worked out well. Original vet was also very apologetic.

**wow**

Abscess vs stringhalt. Not surprised the vet was apologetic!

I have a friend who works in the same circles as SD and says that she generally doesn't think most owners will put in the rehab time, effort and expense that is needed to get a horse sound - which is why her prognosis is often poor.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Makes sense SEL. Just the routine rehabs I've done are tedious and hard going, I can imagine some people may be tempted to cut corners with something really complex or drawn out.