Suggestions for new horsebox paintwork colours please!

ElleCN

New User
Visit site
So I've finally ordered a new lorry! On a budget so looking at one solid non metallic colour for the paintwork. My heart was set on bright metallic blue, but my head (and bank account) are telling me to cut the non essential costs where I can!

So, any suggestions as to what solid non metallic colours work well on a 7.5ft? The builder said Off white, Grey or Blue. I just wish I could find some pictures! I'm less keen on off white if I'm honest, but if it makes the most sense, it might be the way to go. I could always then get metallic blue at a later date?

Oscar

Visit site
We had ours sprayed in vw Harvey moon cream and am thrilled with it. It's a nice rich cream colour and a few people that were looking at getting a horsebox built by the people that did ours commented they'd want the same colour. It do Es show every splash of dirt though- my last one was a Volvo brown, that was a more bronzey colour and looked fab, also non metallic.

WelshD

Visit site
I would go for grey (even before I read your choices) to me it would show any scratches less

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have grey on current 3.5, previously had metallic silver and dark grey on last 7.5.
Current box blends into scenery well, which is good at yard, as it doesn't stand out/attract people.
Doesn't show much dirt or minor scratches from trees etc :)

Spottyappy

Visit site
Mine is pink. Non metallic. Easily found in the lorry park, and easily spotted on the roads by idiot drivers.
Not everyone's choice, I know, but my last one was yellow and I had no problems selling it when the time came!

turnbuckle

Visit site
I would say a rich dark blue or grey.

Download an RAL colour chart, he'll almost certainly be choosing from one of those.

If you are penny-pinching, a very big saving if you keep the colour the cab is in now, or choose a nicely contrasting one. So if it's white (not unusual) a dark grey, perhaps with white skirts could look smart.

If it's TNT orange, perhaps not!

Actually, dark orange burnt caramel colours look stunning!

Louby

Visit site
Id avoid dark colours, they look lovely but show up all the tree scratches. I had grey for mine as I wouldnt pay the extra £1k for metallic and I regretted it as it was such a drab colour that I ended up with. Someone said it looked like a prison van lol. The white and cream ones look nice