Suicidal squirrels

fankino04

Visit site
Anyone else noticed an increase in the number of squirrels these days that seem to have no fear of dogs or people anymore. I keep meeting them on walks and they just sit in the middle of the path staring the dog down like they are challenging him to take them on...

deb_l222

Visit site
Only time one of mine took on a squirrel and he came off a lot worse than the rodent. Poor dog had the furry thing clung to his face like something out of 'Alien' :)

Covered in very deep scratches afterwards but it didn't put him off chasing them. Must admit I spied on sat in a car park a couple of days ago. The dogs and myself were almost within touching distance before it legged it. I then got dragged off my feet like a cartoon road runner :D

Rufus likes dead squirrel and the smellier the better - dirty beast.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Mine are quite smart and realise after a couple of seconds that they can't climb. There is quite a lot of prancing and snorting before they come to this realisation though.

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine only get excited if they hear the gun safe keys coming out, and they know a squirrel retrieve may be in the offing. :)

ponyparty

Visit site
There's one that keeps coming in our garden tormenting the dog... He was otherwise occupied with a bone and it was practically sitting under his nose, the other day. Now whenever he sees it in the garden through the patio door, he goes absolutely FLYING out of the dog flap after it. One of these days it's not going to be fast enough though, he'll get it eventually I'm sure!

{97702}

Visit site
I don’t mind Amy catching them, but she then won’t let me anywhere near her until she’s eaten the whole thing except for the tail 😱

ponyparty

Visit site
Haha Frank found a dead'un at the park, spent ages playing with it (I couldn't get anywhere near him), spinning it round and round until it started to disintegrate, then ate it pretty much whole - all in front of a load of horrified children on the playground.
Then we walked to my mum's house, where he proceeeded to vomit it (still pretty much whole) onto the mat in the kitchen. My mother was not best pleased, I can assure you...