Suitable clothing for spring training.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Okay, technically not a training question but it is a question about technical fabrics!

I think I know the answer to this question but. . . .has anyone ever found outerwear other than waterproofs that does not act as a magnet to every shedding horse within 50 miles? I live in fleeces through the cold weather but with the long awaited advent of Spring, I now look like the Abominable Snowman.

I'd rather not wear nylon for the next month but it's looking like a distinct possibility!

CrazyMare

Visit site
I tend to wear cotton rugby shirts or jumpers/hoodies, although I'm probably also the only one still wearing 4-5 layers at a time!

scheherazade

Visit site
how about those fleece lined softshell top things - I love mine and don't generally come back with too many comments about the need for epilation! They are also warm and showerproof (not waterproof though - I got an HV polo one which is just lovely

little_flea

Visit site
God, I feel your pain...

I find soft shell fabric quite good - I live in my Pikeur winter breeches and would happily wear them all year but obviously when it is above 15 degrees they do get a bit hot. I think Animo and Sarm Hippique (and GPA also I think) do ones that are "water proof" so a bit "shinier" but not so thick and warm.

Plenty of good soft shell jackets too that hair stick to a bit less - again many are warm, but I have an thin un-lined one from Karrimor. Also wear thin undershirts - these are really good, cheap and quite "slippery" www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/072583 usually go for a body warmer over - they tend to be quite good for not catching hairs. Warmer puffa-style one for colder and a Pikeur think soft shell one for when its warmer.

vam

Visit site
Ditto softshell jackets, The fleece lined ones are nice and warm and i havent had much hair stick to them. I've got an Equi theam one that has just got a mesh lining which is great for warmer (ha!) days to chuck over a t shirt or a fleece lined one for colder days. I spend winter in a thin fleece under a jumper and bodywarmer which works well and means i dont get much hair clinging to me.
I think Regatta do some nice affordable softshell jackets.

Nicnac

Visit site
Have a Mark Todd fleece lined jacket which is warm and in grey doesn't show up horses' hair TOO much. Have to keep it zipped up when touching horse or I do tend to grow a grey beard and neck hair.....

Luci07

Visit site
Layering! so currently long sleeved base shirt under a polo shirt, then a thin windcheater on top. Hair comes off that and I can add a fleece if I need to, under the windcheater!

LynH

Visit site
I'm still in my winter coats but have seen a couple of nice soft shell jackets/gilets that I have my eye on for when spring does eventually come. Soft shell is definitely less of a hair magnet than fleece. Musto do a ZP training jacket in soft shell which looks really flexible and non restrictive (Snack and Tack) and HV Polo do a nice soft shell gilet (Rokers).