Summer hi-viz

Pippity

Visit site
I normally ride in a hi-viz exercise sheet to highlight my horse's generous arse. She's started getting hot underneath it, despite it being very lightweight, so I'm looking for suggestions on what to use when the weather gets warmer.

I've been looking at a parson's rump or a Wiz Viz tail streamer. Does anyone use either of these? Any other suggestions?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Vbandz do a lightweight mesh version of their exercise sheets, that's what I use. They're just as bright as their winter sheets and come in a choice of colours :). Also helps to keep flies off.

https://www.v-bandz.co.uk/category-24/MQTR.html

image.jpeg

(That's a Vbandz pic, it's not me, I can only dream that my arse was that small :p.)

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I also have a very lightweight mesh hi vis exercise sheet, I've had it a long time and if it ever had a brand name on it it's long gone though. I used it on my cob mare who was a very warm mare and she was fine in it.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
Another vote for V-bandz, the sheet itself is not as thick as the picture, it's very meshy. It's easy to fit and it's nice and secure, and the fillet string is nice and low down. Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to buy a Parsons Rump as they are so bloody hideous! Call me vain.

Shay

Visit site
I found the Parsons Rump really hard to fit. I'm sure it was my fault not the seller - and I do have a number of horses so it had to be a sort of universal. I ended up with an unbranded ultra light mesh that fits the same way as a winter weight one does and a couple of sizes that work on everything.

Pippity

Visit site
It's the V-Bandz mesh one that I have at the moment, and she still sweats up under it. She's blanket clipped, and extremely fluffy on the unclipped bits, so she may find it easier once she's lost all the wool. (I do love the V-Bandz one. Really secure, and I like that there's a space to clip a red light for particularly dingy days.)

Has anybody used the tail streamers?

hairycob

Visit site
My horse is a bit of a hot bod so unless its sub zero even mesh sheets make him sweat. I use tail streamers but have to leave them off when I hack out with one horse at the yard. They don't bother mine even on windy days.