Summer turn out help please

Erow4945

Visit site
I really need advice please. I am going away for 5 weeks which was pre booked before I was given a pony. I have people to come and look after then but at present they come in every night but to make it easier I want to keep them out. Should I still feed them ? They both have a little fibre, vitamins and pasture mix? They have not lived out with me and I’m worried about leaving them although they are in capable hands! Advice please

Sail_away

Visit site
If they’re both good-doers that aren’t being worked then no, I wouldn’t feed. However if they’re still coming in once a day maybe they could get a reduced feed then? So still getting their vitamins and also have an incentive to be caught easily. I’m sure they’ll be fine and enjoy their time off!

JillA

Visit site
Let them have a holiday living out. That's how equines are intended to live and no, no feed unless either they need supplements or attracting to the fence to be checked on daily

Goldenstar

Visit site
You will need people who are experienced enough to see wieght gain and recognise the signs of laminitis.
And be able to know what to do about it .