Sunburn on socks

flyingfeet

Visit site
Hi guys
My boy is suffering with sunburn on his socks despite the colder weather!

Can sunbocks be used long term with success on fur? If not which brand of boots work and are the horseware "vamoose" boots suitable for blocking sunlight?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Hi, Are you sure its sunburn?
I have a pair of new unwanted Equilibrium Sun chaps in medium if that's of any use?
Far to small for my horse sadly!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Yes 100% sure as no other irritants and just had antibios for unrelated injury! (Plus it looks like the scabs he has on his blaze when he takes his nose guard off!)

Sun chaps would be good as they don't seem to make them anymore. Please PM me with the details and how much you want

philamena

Visit site
In the meantime, I'd be careful with sun block as if the skin's irritated you can end up with a rather dramatic reaction, including lymphangitis in the worst cases (talking from experience!) The Cashel Crusader sun chaps are great - they seem pricey but they are really well made, literally do not shift and really don't heat up the legs, you can get them online.

ETA sudocreme works great as a sun block without the chemicals, if you slather it on and really rub it into the hair :)

WellyBaggins

Visit site
Shires do some fly leg wraps which are cheaper than some of the alternatives, my horse has been wearing them everyday all summer and they have done the job brilliantly and lasted much better than the sun chaps :)