Sunburn/photosensitive

Annie&Amy

Visit site
If anyone's horse has this on nose/chin i would be very grateful to hear of what you use. Every year my cob who has got a white blaze gets this at this time of year even though i use sun block and a face mask with nose bit to protect her. She gets a very scabby nose/chin which is sore underneath. I'm putting msm on the sore areas and i've now got some hilton herbs cream stuff plus echinacea to try and help her immune system. I think it is more likely to be photosensitivity as she was on a field with lots of buttercups on it before i had her. ANY FURTHER IDEAS am going to get vet out as it seems worse this year xx

rema

Visit site
My lad used to suffer with this.His muzzle was very burnt/scabby even though i used to lag it in suncream.The only thing that i put on there that used to work was Aloe Vera gel.It would soothe aswell as heal it!!.

tormor

Visit site
my boy gets it on his nose, muzzle and along where his mane was (he is hogged) i use factor 60 suncream, put it on twice a day and if he still get sore i use aloe vera

cidermillcottage1

Visit site
I use a nose mask thingy from equilibrium on mine (and just brought the boots two) I find this is fantastic and had no problems with a burnt nose last year whilst using factor 60 suncream. As for soothing cream after nose has burnt then udder cream for cows is quite good.

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
lots of sun cream and sudocream at night to sooth, but for this year I have ordered a crusader mask with the nose, had got the warmblood but was slightly too small so my friend has taken off me and am waiting for draft size. My boy also gets burnt eyebrows and his eyes run in the summer which then gets sore so hopefully this mask will be a good allrounder.

xapplex

Visit site
hi yes mine got it bad last year ...so now he has a mask right over his nose and he wears the new equi sun chaps as he had it bad over his legs..