Suncream - pink nosed ponies

Stenners

Visit site
Although right now it feels like it will never happen i'm trying to prepare for when we might actually start needing suncream!! What suncreams do you use on your pink nosed ponies?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I just used kids sunblock on mine, I now use a full UV mask though as he really hated having his snout creamed! In fact he collapsed in shock the first time i just smeared it on.

Peglo

Visit site
I think we also used kids factor 50. One we struggled to get it on, the other we didn’t even need to headcollar to put it on around his eyes and all over his nose. (He’s pink skinned.)

Polos Mum

Visit site
I never found anything lasted more than a few hours and reapplying it 3x a day wasn't practical.

A cheap leather headcollar with a nose guard on worked perfectly. I sewed an old thick tea towel over the noseband but you can buy pro made nosecovers too.

SpeedyPony

Visit site
I now use a fly mask with nose cover, but used to use the gold label sunblock as it sticks better and isn't perfumed.
Unscented human sunscreen works as well- mine used to object strenuously to the perfumed sunscreen.

Mero

Visit site
I used a mineral powder sunblock last year that you apply with a longer it little brush. I was really impressed by it. Doesn’t rub off like a cream does and they tolerated it being applied far better as it isn’t wet. Meant to last for 24 hrs. I didn’t have any burn issues.

I can’t remember the make, possibly Lillidale powder sunblock.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Filtabac is good stuff
^^^ Yep, it was........ and I say "was" coz there was a bit of an issue with it; there was a recall of it and you were never sure whether you'd bought one of the "dud" lots or not.

Put me off it TBH which was a shame as it was actually brilliant stuff not just as a sun filter but I was also using on the legs of mine for scabby bits.

I tend to put my mare in a full-face mask when the sun is really scaldy now; she has asthma, and I use the ones that have the ears AND nostril/nose coverage, as she also has a whitey/pink nose and gets burnt.

Mrs B

Visit site
Filtabac every time. Developed in NZ as a vet product originally.
It works as an antibacterial and in effect, as a 2nd skin and can be applied to broken skin.

A little goes a long way and it doesn't need multiple applications within a day - a good application will last 24 to 48 hours, even on a very pink muzzle like my lad has.

Reacher

Visit site
Lemieux armourshield pro... my horse has a massive forelock so wanted the slot and also something which they can actually see out of .. some seem to block out alot of their vision
Thankyou. Am trying to decide what to get my mare with recurrent eye ulcers and my other horse with a pink nose who won’t keep his current mask on!