Sunday shenanigans (a sort of comp report)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Well the drizzle stopped when i got to the yard to lasso a hairy, mud splattered yak at lunchtime (mud spattered as had been rolling in flattened mole hills, dirty moo!)

After a bit of cussing and brushing, I chucked tack, dog, hat and boots on the box, then dragged a very reluctant FLF down the yard, brakes sticking on....
Today wasn't a good day for her to revert back to planting, so a swift crack up the backside and she was on, then i realised i needed a haynet, so stomped to hay store and grabbed one, off we went....

Screaming like a demented mare separated from her foal (she isn't!) we trundled over to local RS for the CR jumping.*
On arrival i found their outdoor arena closed off as was too wet, so warm up was indoors, which suited me :)

*Cough.... cue one steady neddy turning into spookerama queen... sigh...
First hurdle was to get my water hating hairy horror over the 2ft wide 2mm deep puddle across the doorway.... Mr Stick made a 2nd appearance of the day, and all of a sudden the attack of the vapours had miraculously vanished :)

After using corners and long sides was explained to FLF, we stopped doing a tremendous falling in on a 5m circle and actually completed a few circuits on each rein

So, then we had to apply ourselves to the jumpy things, so i yanked her off the track with outside leg flailing madly and we chugged down the 3/4 line towards a huge fence of around 50cm high, 'boo' i bellowed in her ear and ta-dah, we sailed over it nicely, so eat your heart out Mr WFP ;)

Totally overcome by this stunning event, FLF pogo'd cheerfully for a few strides, and we whizzed round the arena in a chugging trot to repeat the same exercise.*

Totally warmed up, sweat pouring down my face, we then negotiated the Olympic sized course in true style. ...... ok that last bit was in my dreams.... we did indeed negotiate the 50/60 course at a steady trot, managing a few strides of canter on each long side a couple of times. As their arena is 90 x 20 we did have some space to do this :)

Collecting my rosette on the way out, i briefly asked for a respirator or a bed, but none were forthcoming :(
However, being a RS, there were numerous horsey girls there so I temporarily adopted 3 of them as assistants. Brilliant, as 2 took FLF walkies in hand, whilst i stripped off layers. Then all 3 brushed and polished FLF so much that she decided that she ought to stay there. ...
sigh...... with a swift explanation of 'never do this please' FLF and Mr Stick made contact and she was on in a second.*

This week we are going to be doing loading practice, I am going to adopt some 12yr olds, and I will think twice about trying to turn poor FLF into something she doesn't want to be....

TFF, totally borroxed. ......

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
EKW's need to find old threads led me to digging into mine. Cant find all my write ups as suspect they are posted amongst morning threads.
Reading this one, has given mixed feelings - sad that FLF is no longer living, but happy that I don't have to boot B Fuzzy along, nor have discussions about puddles and horse boxes (just wall of death speeds etc) ... must get her out soon and attempt a 'granny goes comping' at something. Need to find better brakes 1st tho!