Pictures Super Mim

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I’m so proud of Mim at the moment.

Firstly, she’s worked out that she has back legs. She’s five so perhaps it’s overdue but she is really picking them up over raised poles and little jumps. Previously, the front end would go over and the back end would regularly go through. It’s so nice to see her really using them.

Secondly, she has been absolutely super with my thirteen year old stepdaughter. Stepdaughter even washed her today - and the experience got referred to as the best moment of her weekend. Mim was just the right balance of playful and safe, and stepdaughter didn’t feel nervous handling her at all. Mim spent a lot of the time trying to eat the water so most of the water went on stepdaughter and I’m not sure how clean horse actually is but they had a ball and that’s the whole point of horses isn’t it?

I also thought I’d have a great opportunity to do some desensitization work with Mim because we had a load of gravel delivered for the drive and yard. Bright green bags, large truck, shoveling stone noises - Mim didn’t bat an eyelid, in fact, she wanted to get into the gravel and play with it.

We still have work to do on getting a nice canter without wobbling about like a drunk llama, and we need to work on her top line and strengthening up her core so there is always work to do but honestly, what a pleasure this little horse is.

Some photos from our weekend.

B86DCCC5-D09C-431E-B7A3-E1A718848E85.jpeg

51083103-8D4E-4635-B496-E31B8A524DC8.jpeg

54B66C73-B7FC-4941-B111-75F1EB81629C.jpeg

98D42ECC-BED2-416B-B71F-7AADFB15A07C.jpeg

025910DA-1562-414B-BE74-1F1C7BB3ACD0.jpeg

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I love seeing photos of your beautiful girl, she's magical. She sounds an absolute joy too, and very placid for a young Arabian. I thought they were pretty highly strung.

She’s definitely forward, and she can dance and dragon snort but she’s very confident so she isn’t nervy at all which I think makes the difference. Forward feels like “let’s go and have fun” instead of scary.