Superb Spuglas at Shelford! Pics & vids

PickledOnions

Visit site
Worst attempt at Alitteration ever. Ah well!
Wednesday dawned bright and early at 5am with a slight chill in the air but it was so clear so expected it to warm up later on! Got to the yard and cleaned up the Pony and put him on the lorry with his silly ginger friend and we left on time for once, arrived at Shelford with loads of time and had a very chilled mooch around the SJ which I thought was really nice but with a couple of turns I knew we would have problems with.
Got the pony out and got him ready for dressage and got on with plenty of time to warm up, and for once Dougal was behaving impecably with only a little backwardsness due to his silly ginger friend also being in the warm up but really got him listening and felt we were going to do a really good test. Went down to the arena and the judge was just getting herself a cup of tea so we were trotting around for ages and Dougs went of the boil a little eventually got in and we did a really good test for us and considering hes 21, we've not cantered at home in over a week (mouth problems Him not me), it could have been better but it also could have been a whole lot worse!
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYK5_DQUIXU
Picture of us before Drs:
248711_10150626135420128_898610127_18956208_5683813_n.jpg

So came out feeling really pleased with the Donkey and went back to the lorry for a swift change for SJ. Que much crazyness from the pony as we had to go through the XC warm up to get to the SJ anyway he was jumping really sweetly in the warm up, quick chat to some friends and into the ring lots of napping trying to get him in there silly old thing but when the buzzer sounded he was off, blooming exracer, couldnt stop and the round continued in the same way, we even crashed into the outside fence between fence 6 and 7 as he locked onto the white post and tried to jump it!! Very luck to only kick out one, the last as he clattered every single one. Trouble is he doesn't really respect SJ under 1m so he takes the mickey abit in the SJ
Anyway Video for a laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leHyIWRlhJQ&feature=related
Pro pictures of the SJ feel free to laugh lots! I know I did!
http://www.traffordphotography.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=134940 (Click next until the horse changes)
Back to the lorry for a wait until XC, Sent mum off to look at the score board to find out Drs score and que much :( as we got 42.5 which is worse than we got at Aston and he went much better here! (I know I know different judge and so on) but still very dissapointed. Ran round to watch the silly ginger do his SJ with Dougs owner and then we both went down to XC together.
Quickly warmed up, called forward and silly old pony decided he didn't want to leave the warm up, and promptly spent the next 5 minutes either standing on his hindlegs or shooting off sideways, gave him a good slap and he spun round then kicked him into the start, slap down the shoulder for good measure (I know what he's like, if I'd have let him stop he'd have had me off) and we shot out the start. I can honestly say I have never enjoyed a round so much, really trust him know (Our second season together 6th event) and even though it wasn't perfect, our the upright at 8 and the step down wasnt right as he locked onto the PN fence and had to pull himout at last minute so we nearly jumped off the pre-intro step but stopped him right at the top and rerouted him, and he did lock onto a couple of other PN fences but other than that he was awesome, and we were Bang on the optimum time so very impressed with the pony!
Pro Pics:
Hedge rail to house, ignore the pictures over the house, he had got a bit of speed up by then so it was very hairy!
http://www.traffordphotography.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=135407 (Click next again)
Last Fence:
http://www.traffordphotography.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=135897 (Click next again)
And the montage I bought with my favourite pictures!
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...624835175128_898610127_18941615_5331599_n.jpg
Made me laugh when I bought the picture the woman said (about the bottom right picture) 'Oh he looks like a racehorse' She didn't quite know what to say when I Said He was yeah, he still thinks he's being ridden by A P McCoy around Aintree sometimes!
Anyway, Drs 42.5 + 1 pole and nothing from XC to finish on 46.5 anddd we came 8th! Our best placing (previously 10th) abit annoying that frillys only went to 6th but nevermind!
Thoroughly enjoyed my day and very impressed with the organisation!
Wow that was long! Thanks for reading, comments welcome but nothing to harsh, I'm still learning and dougal likes to take abit too much charge!
Haribo tanfastics and fanta fruit twist for anyone who finishes this!

Lolo

Visit site
He's lovely- so cocky and cute! You manage him really nicely (I quickly learnt with my old ex-racer that it was all about managing rather than controlling, as he would never let me think I knew more than him!).

PickledOnions

Visit site
Lolo - Yes that's exactly it! You have to let them think it's there idea to do what you want!
OG- Thanks! Yeah was abit miffed but nevermind, we shall just have to come 6th or better next time!! :)
FGP- Thank you, I love it too! :)

BeckyD

Visit site
Well done! Love the montage - looks like you ride him really nicely and I'd never believe how old he is!! Best come 6th or higher next time to ensure a frilly ;)

PickledOnions

Visit site
Thank you both! This time last year I was terrified of him, (he's my first proper horse, have always been on ponies) and have worked really hard this last few months to get properly connected :)