SuperWig strikes again!

Annagain

Visit site
This horse really is such a darling. We tried Working Equitation yesterday and he didn't put a foot wrong. There were things we did better than others but he gave them all a go and was generally very decent at it. I on the other hand was not a natural. It doesn't help that I'm a victim of discrimination with this sport. The rules insist that riders have to do everything with their right hand. I'm left handed and my left hand is very dominant so apart from fighting the instinct to do everything with my left hand, I found the big pole thing (can't remember what it's called!) very hard to control with my right hand. It was waving around all over the place by Wig's head but he just tootled along like there was nothing there. My left-handedness is obviously the reason I was terrible, nothing to do with a complete lack of hand-eye coordination or an inability to ride my horse one-handed.

We enjoyed it though, unlike my friend's poor horse who thought everything was terrifying, even the instructor!

Sorry no photos - it's just as well as I don't think I looked very competent at all!