Supplements for filled legs

HelenBack

Visit site
My horse is prone to filled legs when he's stabled. In the winter he wears wraps overnight and these help but it's too hot for those now. At the moment he is in during the day and his legs are still filling up. I think it might be worse with the heat too.

I've heard about various supplements to help with this and wondered if anybody has any recommendations? I've been trying not to because he already has so many other supplements anyway but it's starting to annoy me now so I'm thinking of giving something a try.

Visit site
I wouldn’t be feeding any more supplements, I’d be looking to get the horse onto somewhere/or changing your set up if you have him at home, so that it can accommodate him being out 24/7.

Just out of interest what other supplements are you feeding him (you say he’s on so many already), I’m not saying you are, but a lot of people get drawn into the marketing and you may be better saving your money and putting it towards a different yard that would suit his needs better/changing your own facilities.

HelenBack

Visit site
Thanks but I'm happy that our current yard is the best option for us out of the (rather poor) selection in my area.

I'm happy with his feed and that the supplements he has are beneficial, with the possible exception of a digestive supplement which I put him on when he had to have a course of danilon and I've not got round to stopping. He probably doesn't have that many supplements really, it just feels like it because he gets things like salt and linseed in addition to his base feed too, so just lots of individual items going into the bucket.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes, give Trinity Consultants a call, they have a supplement that is fabulous for this. L94, but if you call you will get loads of help.

What is nice is that, for most (mine included) you only need to use t for 2 weeks and the effect continues. Mine came back 6 weeks later, had a second course and hasn't had filled legs for months now.