supplements for laminitics

sanchob

Visit site
my welsh x cob has developed laminitis after having a steroid injection for an inflamed stifle. He is on his 3rd month box rest and after x rays and remedial shoeing has been allowed to start walking in arena for 10 mins a day this week.
Needless to say his x rays were good . Had him tested this week and he is not metabolic although the glucose feed seemed to set him back a couple of days as he had swelling above his eyes and was slightly pulsey(better today though ) .He is on a handful of hi fi mollases free . when he was working he was on spillers lite balancer with small ammount of med energy mix. Just worrying about vits and mins . There are so many does any one have any good ones to recommend please.:)

AngieandBen

Visit site
I just used to feed my lamintic Fast Fibre, if you feed the corrrect amount there's no need for added vitamins or minerals.

Although now I have had my grass analysed and feed Meta Balance by Equimins ( you have to order by phone ) with the FF

Don't feed energy mixes as they can be high in sugar/starch

Cobbysmum

Visit site
We've added a tiny bit of cinnamon to our welshie's feed, as well as mag-ox and biotin. The rest of the feed is hi fi lite and half a scoop of pony nuts. She's out at night with a muzzle and in during the day with a little bit of straw to nibble on. She's lost quite a bit of weight and she's fully sound again

Shadster

Visit site
I feed salt, magOx and global herbs laminitis prone to my pony.

Echo A&B, check the starch in your mix. Mixes are usually a no go for lamis. If you want extra energy try oil for slow release energy or Alfa Oil instead of hi-Fi or the no molasses Alfalfa, or keep feeding your balancer. If he's getting a balanced diet and correct vitamins and minerals you may find he's more energetic anyway. :)

sanchob

Visit site
We feed Blue chip lami lite with a handful of top chop lite. The Lami lite is a balancer and has everything in it.

think i am going to try blue chip lami lite as this as sounds like it has everything in it and maybe will add a sprinkle of hi fi mollased free . thanks for your help :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
How about one of the brick type supplements??

my mare is on flexijoint - laminator - and formula 4 feet -soya oil

Speak to David at Equimins he is top notch when it comes to the ingredients, that are in and what the horse needs.:)