Supplements for the older horse

Chocoholic

Visit site
Hi can you hit me with your favourite supplements for the older horse. Specifically to help the joints
Any recommendations greatly appreciated as I prefer to buy on other peoples reviews x

Griffin

Visit site
I really like Feedmark's Extraflex HA for older joints, it actually seems to work. Feedmark are really helpful if you need advice too.

I currently have my mare on a Hack Up Bespoke, which has joint support in addition to other things. She is a bit young for a really hardcore joint supplement but needs a little support due to injury. It is cost effective for us because I have a digestive supplement added but if I was going to just have a joint supplement, I would definitely use Feedmark.

Just bear in mind that not all joint supplements suit all horses, you sometimes have to try a few and they can take a while to kick in.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site

skint1

Visit site
My older boy has straight devil's claw these days, that seems to work well. My mare I have tried on a green-lipped mussel based one. The devil's claw definitely works but I think you need to be careful if your horse has delicate digestion

claret09

Visit site
i can really recommend equine america's kentucky joint supplement. my boy is 23 and has been on it since it came out. i tended to have a weeks break or so after every two or three bottles.

Daughter of the Moor

Visit site
Turmeraid from the Golden Paste Company. It is a general anti inflammatory. two oldies both have different issues including joint problems and they are both looking much better since I started giving them this.

Equi

Visit site
My vet specifically directed me to science supplements flexibility professional/plus and I have to say I’ve noticed a difference in his flexibility esp his shoulder when Im lifting it after girthing. I also give turmeric gold, but he’s always had that so the difference was noticed after adding the flex