Supplements............?

willowtreemum

Visit site
Concidering the grass has all but vanished in our field now (boo!!) i've been bringing my 19yo TB mare in during the day for hay which she's wolfing down but i really would like to start her on a good all round supplement but being a little 'old school' where horses are concerned i've not felt the need to use them a lot in the past. I would ideally like something all singing all dancing but it also has to have nothing in it whatsoever with any heating value as she's giddy enough as it is!! I'm going to start her on a forage only diet this winter as concentrates are simply too heating for her so any supplement must complement her diet also....any ideas folks???

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
My mare is on a fibre only diet (Hay and Happy Hoof) as she is a good doer, I give her Equivite by spillers and she is looking really good on it. In the winter I will up the amount of Happy Hoof and add a splash of veg oil, if she needs it she will go onto a slow release energy cube/mix, but not sure yet as this will be our first full winter together!

willowtreemum

Visit site
Well i have tried every not heating cube/mix there is and still they all make her a giddy kipper so i've given that up as a bad job and am having a rethink! I'll look into Equivite and find a contents list but my feed merchant has had a disagreement with Spillers so isn't stocking their products anymore unfortunately so it would mean i'd have to go to the merchants further away, that would be ok if a tub lasts a while.....how long does yours last usually?

eekmon

Visit site
TopSpec balancer has the lot, vitamins, minerals, pro-biotics, biotin and is non heating! You can feed it alone or with feed! I have used it for about 3 years and its fab, have a look at their website and if you e-mail them with routine, size, type ect they will e-mail you promptly back with what they reccomend for your circumstanses! Good luck
smile.gif