Supplements

Gerilew

Visit site
Equine Answers Premier Flex plus or Hack-up joint supplements - Any recommendations for arthritic hocks TIA

applecart14

Visit site
Equine Answers Premier Flex plus or Hack-up joint supplements - Any recommendations for arthritic hocks TIA

Had my horse on Equine America Glucosamine and Chrondroitin with MSM and HA for over 6 years. My vet says the only way you know if a supplement isn't working is taking them off it and see what happens.

I've done this with pink powder and with Magic and had to go back on both! Never tried doing this with the joint supplement.

Have you gone down the fusion route yet- chemical arthrodesis? Cant recommend it enough. Its about £300 to treat both hocks for a one off treatment. Here is a link for info: http://www.phenix-veterinaire.com/download/file856_article26.pdf

Last edited:

Gerilew

Visit site
Had my horse on Equine America Glucosamine and Chrondroitin with MSM and HA for over 6 years. My vet says the only way you know if a supplement isn't working is taking them off it and see what happens.

I've done this with pink powder and with Magic and had to go back on both! Never tried doing this with the joint supplement.

Have you gone down the fusion route yet- chemical arthrodesis? Cant recommend it enough. Its about £300 to treat both hocks for a one off treatment. Here is a link for info: http://www.phenix-veterinaire.com/download/file856_article26.pdf

No I've not considered further treatment, he has previously had his hocks injected and the left one has now fused.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
No I've not considered further treatment, he has previously had his hocks injected and the left one has now fused.

has it completely or partially fused, I assume this is natually occurring fusion?

My horse has had both of his hocks fused with alcohol and its made a 100% difference